trike gas mileage

2010 Tri-Glide. If I get 30 MPG at 70 MPH on highway I feel blessed. I am assuming their rated 48 MPG was with a stripped down street glide...doing 45 MPH....drafting behind a truck...with an anorexic jockey operating it.

Riding style has nearly everything to do with gas mileage. Wind and elevation also play a role, wind out here (Kansas) probably has more effect than riding style. What gear you choose to ride in will also effect it. My TriGlide got better mileage in 5th gear in the wind than in 6th gear. My gas mileage has varied from a low of 22 to a high of 36. I don't much care what it is, I'm more interested in range. A six gallon tank is more important to me than what my mileage is.

Dwight

Never really checked until last September. The wife and I rode 6500 miles in 18 days from Texas up through Canada, over to Maine and back to Texas. It was all two up pulling a loaded Champion Colorado trailer. The worst tank was 28 MPG. The best was 38 MPG. Most of the tanks were 32 to 34. (+ -). In the last 45,000 miles I have ridden less than 500 miles one up. I am guessing the trike would get, maybe, 36 to 38 riding one up?? However..............with no one telling me where to go I would probably never get back home.

:innocent:

My 2005 GoldWing Trike w/Champion kit, was getting 40/43 last Aug/Sept. Now I'm getting 33 MPG. Has anyone else experienced a drop like this?

07 Suzuki C50/Lehman Tramp, getting around 40mpg. Don't really care though, it's the riding I'm really interested in! :)

Never really checked until last September. The wife and I rode 6500 miles in 18 days from Texas up through Canada, over to Maine and back to Texas. It was all two up pulling a loaded Champion Colorado trailer. The worst tank was 28 MPG. The best was 38 MPG. Most of the tanks were 32 to 34. (+ -). In the last 45,000 miles I have ridden less than 500 miles one up. I am guessing the trike would get, maybe, 36 to 38 riding one up?? However..............with no one telling me where to go I would probably never get back home.

:innocent:

Thats what they make GPS's for.:)

'06 GL1800 with Hannigan kit. If I get over 32 I usually kiss Becky cause she must be pushing, dang ,I didn't know she could run 75 mph pushing the trike, think I'll give her a raise. Charley :wtg:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back