trike gas mileage

:Bug2:2010XXX anywhere from 28-34, dont usually drive for mileage afraid to get run over doing the speed limit:GL1800: couple times it wasw a lot higher but I think something was wrong, Moco 48 mpg must have been on a trailer

05 GL1800 Goldwing with Lehman kit low 32 high 38 always two-up with way to much stuff in the trunks the weather in Kansas this time of year changes hourly have to pack for cold and hot. Jay A.:GL1800:

1986 GL1200 GoldWing Aspencade, Voyager "type" trike kit. One person, 42.37 last Saturday on the Run For the Son ride from Illinois to Wisconsin. Several small towns with stop signs and lights, BUT a good share of the ride was on rural blacktops cruising between 50-65 mph. First tank of gas this season was 91 octane, but the last two tanks were 87. I did add some carb cleaner and enzyme in the first tank. I was very pleasantly surprised!!

93 gw1500 with a voyager kit just got back off a 754 mile 3 day trip in the smokey mt. with a 36.6 avg oh yes deal gap and the BRP and ocoa river are still there brautiful as ever

Yesterday I took a 125 mile road trip on my 2011 Triglide. I was able to fill up with 93 that had NO ethanol added. I ran 60 mph, 6th gear, 2500 rpm and not too much stop and go but some in small towns. I got back filled up again and checked my mileage and it was 37.9 mpg.

I have removed the Catalytic converter from the stock header, V&H slip on Mufflers, Arlen Ness big sucker A/C, and retuned with a TTS interface. It also runs cooler.

I have found though if I can find fuel without ethanol I will get about 10-12% better mileage. So much for our great government wanting ethanol used and now talk about increasing it from 10% to 15%.

Another trip of 197 miles, two up, 60 mph, 6th gear, 2500 rpm, 4.73 gals, = 41.6 mpg. NO ETHANOL.
Another trip of 145 miles, one up, 70-75 mph, 6th gear, 3000 rpm+, 4.20 gals, = 34.52 mpg. probably 5% ethanol(mixture of good gas and 10% ethanol gas)

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back