Tri Glide rear shock settings

Sep 24, 2022
NW Arkansas
What setting are you running on the rear shock for a 22 Tri Glide for a softer ride? I have also started running the rear tires at 24 PSI to help soften the ride.

The 2019 & on coilovers are way too stiff imo. Before I upgraded to pro action, I ran them on 0 for a halfway decent ride. This is on Free with 235 lb payloadšŸ˜

The 2019 & on coilovers are way too stiff imo. Before I upgraded to pro action, I ran them on 0 for a halfway decent ride. This is on Free with 235 lb payloadšŸ˜

I agree...I'm running at 0 and still a bit firm. I just ordered a pair of 14.5" SuperShox and are being custom built for specifications.

Most all agree the settings in the owners manual are wrong

Try several settings til it feels right for you

Tire pressure too is a personal choice, many have played with 22-24 PSI

What setting are you running on the rear shock for a 22 Tri Glide for a softer ride? I have also started running the rear tires at 24 PSI to help soften the ride.

When did they put shocks on them ? I thought my 2020 was still a hard tail ? :xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz:

I have a 2021 and set mine at 10 and haven't changed it 1 or 2 riders. The biggest difference to my ride was installing the DK lift brackets and running 20psi in the rear tires, steering seemed easier and ride is much improved. I also use the Sykik Trike tire pressure monitor system to monitor pressures.

Mine went in a carboard box for a softer ride. :laugh:

Video on settings on the coil over HD Trike shocks, and how to adjust them-

Trike Series Shocksā„¢ is what I did to get a softer, more compliant ride.

Kevin

I'm running a 19 Tri Glide at 4 on the shocks and 24 psi. I'm about 210 and ride alone with about 15 pounds in the trunk most of the time. It's different for everyone but I'm actually pretty happy with the ride. I do have the lift kit on it and maybe that matters.

When ever i try to adjust them, I say OK i finely found the sweet spot........

Then take it out for a shakedown ride, Hit the first set of pot holes and Nope those adjustment numbers on the shocks are just for admusement....

Like the red button on a crosswalk pole that says press here to change the light to cross....

Went in the trash

I've lived with my factory shocks for a year now and tried different combinations. No matter what tire pressure and settings on the shock dial I used had very little results in comfort. Then after doing research and opinions on different shock manufactures decided to go with DK NexGen. Installed them yesterday and did make a difference in most situations. The only concern I have is the adjustment procedure. Would like to try some changes to fine tune the ride. There has been a few guys took them off to adjust. With the adjustment collar on top of the shock makes for tight quarters. The " jury " is still out until I can get some more seat time....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back