"Ticked Off" I am

About 10-12 years ago I bought a Timex Expedition watch with the indiglo light, it also had the date at 3 o'clock in a little window. Well, it was analog watch, I liked it so well that when the stem fell off a couple years later, I bought another exactly like it. Big 40mm face, large numerals, light worked well but I seldom used it.

Well, the wife noticed the face had some pitting (weld spatter maybe) that she tolded me to get a new one. Since I didn't use the light and dates, I ordered one with a dark blue face that I really like, another Timex Expedition. It came today … and tonight as I was setting it, the back fell loose. I never had that happen before, so I pressed it back on, or made several attempts to before I finally did, but it is bent in a little. I shouldn't have tried, I know … but I did and well, dang it! Finally I got it in place, but I know it's there. Back is on, it's on good too. It is a nice looking unit.

Just venting some.

About 10-12 years ago I bought a Timex Expedition watch with the indiglo light, it also had the date at 3 o'clock in a little window. Well, it was analog watch, I liked it so well that when the stem fell off a couple years later, I bought another exactly like it. Big 40mm face, large numerals, light worked well but I seldom used it.

Well, the wife noticed the face had some pitting (weld spatter maybe) that she tolded me to get a new one. Since I didn't use the light and dates, I ordered one with a dark blue face that I really like, another Timex Expedition. It came today … and tonight as I was setting it, the back fell loose. I never had that happen before, so I pressed it back on, or made several attempts to before I finally did, but it is bent in a little. I shouldn't have tried, I know … but I did and well, dang it! Finally I got it in place, but I know it's there. Back is on, it's on good too. It is a nice looking unit.

Just venting some.

Wow haven't seen anyone with a watch for some time now. Now as for venting. I could have shown you some real venting.:mad: I would have adjusted that with a large hammer. I know,I know but sometimes the satisfaction of beating something like that to death just outweighs the cost.:)

What’s a watch :Shrug:

The time stares at you , in the car , truck , trike , tv , phone , computer, every room in the house , and even skips a beat twice a year except in AZ :confused:

I quit wearing a watch a couple of years ago but I miss it. Sometimes I need to check the time and am where there is no convenient clock to glance at....then go digging for my cell phone in my pocket. I got tired of having to take the watch in to change the battery about once a year...batts don’t last near as long as they used to and I don’t have the tools necessary to pry the watch open and replace it myself.

The last time i wore/had a wrist watch was when i was in the Army...65/66/67...

Like Frank said...The time is like the air its all around you...And don't get me started about having to reset them twice a year because of that nonsense Daylight whatyouevercallit time..:mad:...

My watch is now a Fitbit. With a roll of my wrist it tells me the time, give me my Heart Rate and how many steps I have taken to help make my goals.

I haven't worn a watch since the 70s, I have too much lectricity in me, it makes them stop working:p I can guess the time of day within 10 minutes without a watch or clock;)

I bought a 'Citizen' watch on a cruise ship about 15 years ago. After getting off the ship I thought that was a dumb move if I ever have trouble with it will the manufacturer recognize the warranty? Over all those years haven't done thing to it, not even replaced the battery as it's solar powered. Bout every 5 or 6 months I lay it in the sun for 10 minutes and it just keeps on running. Never expected it to last this long.

PC

When i was just a Youth there was only 3 ways for me to tell time....Not counting the rooster in the morning...

1] The 12 O'clock Sirens....

2] The 5 O'clock Whistle....

3] When the street lights came on.............

Only the rich kids living on the hill had wristwatches....:laugh:....

I have an Apple Watch 2 ... but ... only wear it when I swim. The thing is smarter than I am and never looses track of the laps I swim ... I'm not sure how it knows when I turn, because I just turn, no fancy flips or anything, but it does.

Best Thing I Ever Bought Off Amazon

Got this $30 Smart Watch off Amazon and it's GREAT! It does it all including helping me find where I laid my phone down in the shop or house, the main reason I bought it.

Amazon 17,500+ positive ratings, great battery life, fitness tracker, sleep tracker, music app, see incoming calls and texts, weather, etc, etc. Buy it! You will love it, if not send it back (you wont)..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X2KLTJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

smartwatch.jpg

My wife got me one and it has this heart rate thing that goes off all the time. Abnormal heart rate and I go yeah, I'm working. Stupid dang thing.

Mine never does that. Maybe your alert settings need to be set. I've never had to make any adjustments to mine. What brand is yours?

Mine never does that. Maybe your alert settings need to be set. I've never had to make any adjustments to mine. What brand is yours?

It's a little dinky Garmin. And I've checked all the alerts and changed those I could. Similar to this. Who knows, it might really be telling me to see my doctor. I've had 2 others in the medical field check my blood pressure and both show it much higher than it has ever been. For years I've been 110 to 120 over 65 to 80. Now I'm reading 135 over 80 fo some reason. I just figured I'm getting old and it's expected.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back