Stallion Accessories

Wanted Stallion Accessory for Securing Cargo

Call to all Stallion Accessory Designers!!!!

When on my last road trip I wanted to put a large bag in my back seat with some bedding in it, and it fit well, but due to the wind it wanted to blow out! I had to take some electrical wire and lift the seat to make a strap around the seat to secure rope to the seat and the roll bar to keep my bag from blowing out. I tried to attach it to my seat post by putting the post in through the handles, but it started lifting up and pulling my seat out!!!:(

:confused:Can someone please design a nice 1-1-1/2" strap that lays flat on the stallion seat just behind the drivers seat post? This can be secured from the bottom and lay flat enough to not bother the passenger? This can be used to attach a cargo net and other attachment devices so the passenger seat can be used for cargo when traveling solo. I was also thinking someone may be able to design some type of hook system that fastens to the fiberglass just below the seat on both sides where the passenger puts their legs to accomplish the same thing.

Has anyone done something similar? I may use a belt as a temporary fix.

Ok here come some questions:
1) How and where are you mounting GPS Units?
2) How about Sirius or XM Receivers?
3) Is anyone pulling a fold out camper trailer? If so what brand and model?
4) What brand radio does TBM use?

Thanks

Oldman Wheeler,
I can only help you with the radio brand. It is a Sony car radio that is mounted in the trunk on the left side. It is connected to a Sony marine unite remote (see the picture below). It has Sony marine speakers mounted in the fiberglass body. It works good up to about 50mph. After that you will need to to connect your audio into a head set intercom or mount front speakers like Ben-o is planning on doing. Ben-o I can't wait to see your pictures and how your projects are coming.

Ben-o's speakers

Ben,
What type of speakers did you buy for the front? Post a picture, or a link. I am guessing they are marine speakers, but I am dying to know how you are going to attach them or where you are going to put them. Most of all, I cannot wait to see if you can hear them clearly at high speeds.

New Map light

Here it is - The new Stallion map light. I was not able to get a picture of the toggle switch and the map light that is now standard on the new Stallions. After seeing it I think it works well, with a standard incandescent dome light type of bulb and a toggle switch to turn it on and off. Although it works well, I would rather have the open space to put a pouch like I have on mine. If I need a map light I use my flash light. With GPS's I don't need one anyway. I applaud TBMS's designers for the upgrade.

I was always told not to criticize without suggesting an alternative, so here it is:

Extend the plastic piece you created to hold the map light and make it uniform in depth to create a plastic pouch with a map light in the bottom along with an accessory port. Slope the bottom to one side and provide a weep hole to allow unwanted water to escape. You can even make the right and left sides higher to wrap around the steering wheel to obtain even more storage.

See my photo album for the picture

I saw an ad in the latest issue of WingWorld from Sierra Electronics advertising a CB/intercom setup from J&M. I sent them an e-mail and they responded that it will be available in January. Cost will be $535.00 plus headsets. It is actually a version of the handlebar CB which they have been marketing for a few years. The head unit will mount in the flat spot below the steering wheel.

That will be nice to have an intercom and CB for the Stallions, though I dont know why they cant keep the price down a bit as the other unit is around $300ish.

This is supposed to include all mounting hardware and antenna.
The $300. is for the basic unit.

I gotcha. Thats more like it then if it includes everything. The J&M stuff is always pretty high quality. Do you know if they (J&M) are manufacturing the thing or is Sierra modifying their unit?

I gotcha. Thats more like it then if it includes everything. The J&M stuff is always pretty high quality. Do you know if they (J&M) are manufacturing the thing or is Sierra modifying their unit?

I am not sure where Sierra comes into play on it. It is basically a J&M unit.

Model #. The basic unit is a JMCB2003. It will probably have a Stallion suffix when they put it on the market.

New Stallion Accessories!!!!!!!!

You guys are going to like these new accessories that the Stallion Dealer in Charleston SC is selling:

Here is some info they sent me: (I am not getting anything for this, I am posting it for your info)

New Product Release

08 Stallion “Soft Doors”

All American Products, Inc is proud to announce our “Soft Doors” for the Stallion.

These “Soft Doors” will significantly reduce the amount of air and/or rain in the driver/passenger compartment, especially, on the driver’s lower body area and the passenger’s lower body area. Great for riding in “cooler” weather conditions. Now you can ride comfortably in lower temperatures, and enjoy the Stallion heater even more.

They are designed to allow easy access to enter and exit the Stallion.

They are made with high quality convertible top material and are easily installed and can be removed and stowed in the trunk.

They cost about $375.00 for the set, you need to contact CMJ motorsports, you can get to them off the dealer link on the TBMS website

Take a look at the pictures, you will see a wind deflector that they also sell. This clear wind deflector looks cool, I think you may need to have that to cut down on the wind flap. If you call them be sure to ask about that, and post what you find out. I am sure they sell that wind deflector too.

This product looks similar to the product someone was working on, an all fiberglass version of this door. I wish someone would post what that looks like, even if it is a prototype, so we could have some more information to base a purchase on.

After looking at the pictures... What do you think????????

I replaced the wimpy sounding horn with one of these TwistedThrottle.com : Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Motorcycle Air Horn, 139 dB, Black or Chrome - Stebel
today. The sound is more realistic for the Stallion than that sick thing that came on it.
It took me a while to locate the horn. It is on the right side at the bottom near the front. It is visible if it is on a ramp from underneath and can be removed from this position. I was unable to figure out the electrical cable release, so I removed the right splash panel and it makes it a lot more accessible. I drilled out the electrical connection on the old horn and soldered my wiring to this, so I kept the factory wiring intact. For some reason, the new horn did not sound right when I first connected it. I reversed the polarity and it sounds great. Connecting positive to positive and it sounded like a motor running, but no horn sound. Total cost of horn including shipping was $51.50

Ted... you are the law.... someone in Sarasota rode my trike and now I can't find it. Help me out! ;)

STATE WIDE BOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attention all units, be on the lookout for a Harley Davidson Fatboy Trike. First Class Yellow/White paint job. Last seen in the Sarasota area being ridden by a middle aged female about 506 tall, medium build, Short slightly curly medium brown hair, Last seen riding in the area with a HUGE smile with the owner chasing after her. If located use caution, female rider is under the influence of a little know condition: TRIKE FEVER. Rider and owner can be expected to be under this influence. Could be giggly and bright eyed. If located contact the significant others for assistance. NO FURTHER

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back