Review on Harley Tri-Glide

I had Foremost via H-D Insurance @$555/year but wanted a renewal of 150 bucks more. Seems many companies will lo-ball 1st year then jack it up next year. H-D Ins. no longer handles Foremost, just Progressive. But Progressive wanted over $650! I went with GEICO @$480. Still got minimum VA state requirements.

I had Foremost on my 1999 RoadKing trike for 9 Years, started at 450.00 and every year went done until ended at 250.00. Insured my 2010 HD Triglide with Foremost for 480.00 yearly includes 3500.00 assessorys even covers my pull behind trailer up to 3500.00. Check with agent they even cover your bike if totaled or stolen with in 1 or 2 years will replace with brand new current year bike, and no I have no connections with Foremost Insurance other than current policy.

Sounds like the best ride you will ever take!

On my 09 h-d trike i've enjoyed it tremendously. just went from indiana to missouri last week. cool ride 30-60 degrees. reciently had a S&S

gear cam put in it and WOW!! that sure helped low end power. all else stock.

have had the steerind dampner bolts break -off at 10k. and after safety-wireing them they still backed offat 11,5k. and now the front engine mount broke last week. but other than that its been a real great bike.

sure beats the 1974 FXE i owned new for 20 years.

eagle 1 out

RE: Insurance. As for as I know and the last time I talked to my Progressive agent....my trike is considered the same as it was before I converted it from 2-wheels to 3-wheels. They don't care how many wheels I have, it's still considered as a motorcycle and my rates did not go up. My policy never changed in "wording" to indicate it was a trike and I specifically requested if there was any difference as I wanted to be sure I had coverage. My agent assured me that I was still covered.

What kind of exhaust have any of you put on your trike. I had the screamin eagle exhaust on my 06 Ultra and loved it but I can't get that now. I have the 2011 Tri Glide and went to Myrtle Beach Bike week in May. Put 1700 miles on the trike and I am in love with it. Thought the gas mileage would be a little better but for the additional comfort, it is a great trade off.

rush True Duals with ceramic inner coating. Screamin Eagle Touring (quiet) mufflers. 255 cam. V&H fuel management module. Just replaced Vance and Hines module and stock ECM for a Thundermax ECM

My radio went out the first week I got the bike they sent it in 2 weeks ago no luck getting a replacement. They called the place where they send the radios and were told they were awaiting parts and would be at least 2 more weeks. I have called customer care 4 times now they are not much help. Just needed to vent HD needs to fix this known problem this is my 3rd touring model and all have had radio problems.

What kind of exhaust have any of you put on your trike. I had the screamin eagle exhaust on my 06 Ultra and loved it but I can't get that now. I have the 2011 Tri Glide and went to Myrtle Beach Bike week in May. Put 1700 miles on the trike and I am in love with it. Thought the gas mileage would be a little better but for the additional comfort, it is a great trade off.

I put the Kuryakyn Perfect Storm kit on mine before delivery. I am very pleased. The exhaust is sourced from Vance & Hines. It's basically the V&H True Duals with the Crusher mufflers, a larger air cleaner (you have a couple to choose from) and the Mastertune TTS. The whole kit is a couple hundred bucks less than buying the parts separately.

I like my set-up. It really opens up the 103.

My radio went out the first week I got the bike they sent it in 2 weeks ago no luck getting a replacement. They called the place where they send the radios and were told they were awaiting parts and would be at least 2 more weeks. I have called customer care 4 times now they are not much help. Just needed to vent HD needs to fix this known problem this is my 3rd touring model and all have had radio problems.

Got the radio back in today is good to have music again!!!

hey there i am using rush true duells on mine with 2 in baffles they are good .
does your bike try too stall when you take off? mine does i have put a herley race tuner and 255 cams let me know thanks

is your bike stalling or acting up on take off i have the screaming eagle tuner and it works well on the road but not on starts wants too stall any one have that problem
'i have 255 cams race tuner and rush true duells
please help

why did you switch tuners and how does your thundermax work? i have the same set up as you accept my mufflers are rush and loud what is the baffle size on your touring pipes and does your bike try too stall on take offs?
thanks

steve i am a new trike owner 2011 are you happy with your take off does your bike hesitate and backfire on sterts, mini runs fine accept on take offs i have put true duells and 255 cams race tuner air cleaner it runs great under pressure just wants too die taking off
help me
thanks

steve i am a new trike owner 2011 are you happy with your take off does your bike hesitate and backfire on sterts, mini runs fine accept on take offs i have put true duells and 255 cams race tuner air cleaner it runs great under pressure just wants too die taking off
help me
thanks

It needs tuned, I'll bet you have the out of the box stage 2 map installed with nothing done to it. Which tuner do you have, the Screaming Eagle Pro Super tuner or the Street tuner?

i have the super tuner pro se

Did you perform the modifications or did someone else? If just the generic stage 2 map for Touring was uploaded then your going to need to tune it before it will run like it should. With an un-tuned stage2 upload installed your going to have lean and rich spots all over the place.

thanks my local harley dealer installed the upgrades and the downloads and i have had it to them 7 times allready they are using a download off another bike they have saved and it is not working we can not dyno it no dyno for a trike any ideas ?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back