Review on Harley Tri-Glide

Well i don`t have to lurk any more. I just bought a new 2010 street glide trike yesterday.A Christmas gift for myself....Unfortunately, i won`t be able to ride it until spring.After searching for a used trike for almost a year i gave up.

Noah_2nd

well i don`t have to lurk any more. I just bought a new 2010 street glide trike yesterday.a christmas gift for myself....unfortunately, i won`t be able to ride it until spring.after searching for a used trike for almost a year i gave up.

Noah_2nd

congrats

Just bought a 2011 Tri Glide. I love it already and I only have 471 miles on it. This is the first time I have owned and ridden a trike. It is easier to ride than I anticipated. I'm glad I let my old lady talk me into it.
I'm looking forward to many miles of riding here in Florida.

Welcome to TrikeTalk, pretzeldude! And you've done a great job reaffirming two basic facts in life:

1. Triking is awesome and just as wonderful as two wheels in it's own way!
  2. We "ol' ladies" are pretty smart cookies! :pepper:

Just bought a 2011 Tri Glide. I love it already and I only have 471 miles on it. This is the first time I have owned and ridden a trike. It is easier to ride than I anticipated. I'm glad I let my old lady talk me into it.

I'm looking forward to many miles of riding here in Florida.

Welcome aboard from Key Largo. Glad you joined us. Congrats on the new TRI-GLIDE. it only gets better.

mad for trikes, it sounds like you are really enjoying that trike! Welcome to the TrikeTalk family, and we hope you sign up for our riding group, Trike Owners International (TOI).

I traded my 08 Ultra trike for a 2011 TriGlide in late October, I have 2500 miles on it and love it. The difference between the two trikes were night and day. The steering is easier and finally I can use sixth gear. The 103 has enough power that a good headwind doesn't phase it. I was so surprised how much difference a raked front end makes. It truly is like adding power steering although one does loose the sharper turn ability of a non-raked trike but having reverse eliminates any problems there. The electric reverse works is another sweet aspect of the new trike. I was to the point of being unable to back mine into the garage. Plus it is nice to have a trike that is totally warranted by one manufacture. I bet it doesn't take long and the other manufactures follow suite.

I traded my 04 HD Ultra/Motor Trike kit with 47,000 miles in for a 2011 Tri Glide (Merlot&Black) last September but have only put about 3500 miles on her as now that I'm older I just don't like riding in 30 degree weather that cold rattles my old bones. but I like her real good and can't wait to go on a tour. Its been too cold for me to even go out to the shed and put some new geegaws on her that she got for Christmas and as soon as it gets above 40 I'll be riding not wrenching. So I guess she'll just have to wait a while before she can wear her new jewelry.

Welcome to TT, Maryland Triker! Why don't you plan on coming to TT rally in Maggie Valley in June? That would an awesome road ride. Hope to see you there. I have an 09 TG.

Welcome to TT, Maryland Triker! Why don't you plan on coming to TT rally in Maggie Valley in June? That would an awesome road ride. Hope to see you there. I have an 09 TG.

Yea I've already reserved a room @ the Ramada for the Warden & I plus one for my riding buddy and his wify.:beerchug: Signed on as soon as I found out there's beer in them thar hills.:Excited: :GrpHug1:

I have been practicing my riding on the airport roads, but today I went on the real road with the Tri Glide. This is one awesome riding machine. The steering EASY! I did 63 country miles on one lane roads with lots of curves. Yea, I slowed way down, but I was at posted limit most of the time. I just wasn't sure how it would handle plus traffic coming opposite gave me reason enough to slow down. Most of the time they were on my side of the road!!!
I did U turn on the road, took a gravel road and went to a pub that had a gravel parking lot. The only thing that bothered me was my clutch hand. The clutch is tight and I have very tiny (extra small gloves) hands. I will have to just get used to it. I hit the wrong gear on occasion but I have only ridden automatics before my msf course two months ago, and haven't ridden since then until now. I am so ready for some road trips. I thank Harley Davidson for such an great machine that is set up to be a trike. You can just tell that a lot of forethought went into the production of these trikes. The rake and the steering damper....I went over some really rough crowned roads, and never felt a lot of wobble. Do you think I am happy??????:D

I RODE BOTH THE Harley 2009 Tri Glide - and the 2010 Streetglide - Very nice ride on both. Am looking to purchase the Tri Glide soon. How does one get insurance - as its not really listed as a motorcycle no CC on it - and since it has 3 wheels - and is NOT a conversion but created from frame out - more than likely listed in the golf cart category - or hybrid car category - the engine is the listing for insurance i would believe - Air-Cooled Twin Cam 103 - i have called Progressive and they don't have a listing for this type of bike other than conversions - and its not that, the ins on conversions is higher and goes by cc of the org. bike. can you or someone in here assist? I have my 1200c XL sportster with Foremost and have been happy with them for 8 yrs now. I was given a quote for the Ultra glide in 2009 as $500 from foremost - and reading on what some of the owners in here are paying feel thats not high. but would like feedback? i am in So Calif.

I traded my 08 Ultra trike for a 2011 TriGlide in late October, I have 2500 miles on it and love it. The difference between the two trikes were night and day. The steering is easier and finally I can use sixth gear. The 103 has enough power that a good headwind doesn't phase it. I was so surprised how much difference a raked front end makes. It truly is like adding power steering although one does loose the sharper turn ability of a non-raked trike but having reverse eliminates any problems there. The electric reverse works is another sweet aspect of the new trike. I was to the point of being unable to back mine into the garage. Plus it is nice to have a trike that is totally warranted by one manufacture. I bet it doesn't take long and the other manufactures follow suite.

i am seeking to purchase the tri-glide can you tell me about insurance for it?
presently have Foremost for my 2003 Sportster 1200c XL and been happy with them. They quoted on the 2009 Tri $550 - stating to me its not listed by the cc as a regular bike - cause there isn't any. So im not sure how its listed by motor 103 Air Cooled Twin Cam???? since you have one - can you tell me?

I don't plan on sellnig my sporty - and my truck either. But want the Tri for long distance rides/events - cross country - Alaska etc. following in my dad's footsteps - he had an aspencade with trailer - and went to nova scotia - as well as alaska - and mt. mushmoore - just all over - i want to do the same with the trike. Can you assist - can email me at hionlife1_98@yahoo.com if you prefer.

We have progressive insurance and no problem getting it for the trike. It is listed as a FLHTCUTG Harley Davidson. Not sure of the cost though. Hubby has all our bikes through them. BUT 550 a year is a little under 50 a month. Not too bad for a 30,000 bike.

Engine displacement for a 2011 Tri Glide would be 1690 CC (for the 103 in engine). I have progressive insurance for mine and the cost is $350 per year. Insurance costs vary greatly depending not only on your driving record, and other coverage but also by location. You should be able to get a quote easily.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back