Replacing brake light?

On mine you remove the light assembly.Theres 2 or 3 nuts on the back of the light accessed in the wheel well area.

Thanks for the response. I hate to sound like an idiot, but what tool do you use to take off the wheel cap? It looks like an allen wrench but I don't have one to fit it. Also, when I can get off the cap, what do I use to remove the tire?

Looking into the wheel well (with the wheel on) I can't tell what kind of bolts are holding on the light fixture. It looks kind of strange but I can't see it real well.

Hello,
If,yours is similar to my CSC,they used a OEM GL 1500 light assembly and housing.You can get to the 10mm (?)nuts without having to pull wheel,however you will first have to scrape and remove the silicone sealant from around the nuts,then pull the entire housing out the back to get to bulbs just like you would do if it were a stock 2-wheel bike.Replace silicone over nuts when re-installing.
About the center cap on your rear wheels.The allen bolt is most likely mm (mine is) however once removed,lug nuts are not mm because it is a Ford rear end.
Found a lot of mixing back and forth between mm and standard on these kits made for earlier bikes.

It's best to provide a picture. My VTX Honda Champion kit has hub caps. There is a slot to inset a screw driver. Lug nuts are metric but don't remember the size. My taillight is an LED from a Yamaha. It is held on with 3 bolts. Much easier to remove the tire to get at the light.

Mine uses the lights that came on the bike.Like sonny said scrape the silicone from around the nuts and I think mine were more like a 8mm.My kit is a new kit even though its a Gl1500 bike and my wheels are like Cavie's.I'm sure different wheels have been used over the years.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back