Replace air temp gauge with oil temp gauge

Getting different opinions on replacing air gauge with oil temp gauge.
One school of thought is who cares what the oil temp is. If engine gets hot so will oil temp. Plus one more thing for us to take our eyes off rode.
Others like knowing what there oil temp is at any given moment.

I used to use a Lenale fan. It mounts in place of the horn. I bought a Wolo air horn and removed the Lenale fan. Today, I ordered an oil temp gauge and a bar mount thermometer. I want to re-install my Lenale fan, but I don't have a clue where to mount my Wolo. Any suggestions?

I've heard the phrase pig-tailing before, what is it and what does it look like when finished. What does it accomplish?
thanks

Just a short wire extension from or to a wiring connection.
For example you might put a couple of short wires (pig-tails) on a gauge terminal to make the connection easy after you install the gauge where you can't get your hands into the area. Or be able to reach another wire that was too short.

Just a short wire extension from or to a wiring connection.
For example you might put a couple of short wires (pig-tails) on a gauge terminal to make the connection easy after you install the gauge where you can't get your hands into the area. Or be able to reach another wire that was too short.

You nailed it !! ThumbUp

o~\o

as we have found thru testing with dennis's wind deflectors ( which work really well)
the normal oil temp is 220* for the tri-glidel) so a-lot of guys just like have a oil temp gage to monitor when goeing thru traffic., but the main reason is when you hear something is wrong with the engine you can glance over & see what your temp is.& in the worse case that you don't have any oil pressure you can shut it off. like the guy who'se oil cooler hose blew off & the engine started starveing for oil. if he has a oil pressure gage he could have noticed that & shut the engine off.
also the temp sensor goes in the plug where you drain the oil.

It goes in the plug beside the oil drain plug. About 1.5" away.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back