Need to replace radiator

hello

posted by somebody
Ford part number F5CZ8005A. if you replace it yourself let the rest of us know how it is done, pictures please, I need to replace mine too.:)

Dragon

Thanks for the part #, but no pics because I have already removed most everything but the radiator, I need to cut my exhaust to remove it because the shop made it a one piece. I thought I could remove the rear bumper but found that the body glue made it almost impossible to do so. So I decided to just do all the removing from the bottom. I had to remove my exhaust because of the way it was installed, factory installed may not have to. Removed the rear wheels to disconnect the lower water hose and top and lower tranny oil lines on the left side . There is a upper water hose to remove on the right side.

There are 4 bolts supporting the a/c condenser to the radiator which has to be removed , 2 along the bottom and 2 on top, the problem I had was getting to the top one on the right side since I could not get the bumper off so I used a hole saw to get to it from inside the trunk. If you have to do this also, measure the distance of the bottom bolts to use a reference on cutting the holes. Not sure if this was really necessary but seemed to have been my only option. I only had to cut one hole because I have a opening to my radiator filler cap I used.

Remove the 4 bolts on the lower radiator support bracket and the radiator should drop down and out. If I missed something I will edit this tread. Anything else let me know.

You have to drop the lower frame member/radiator support in order to remove or replace the radiator (held on by 3 bolts on each side).

Most shops as well as in our facility the "official" protocol is to evac the a/c system of coolant so you can disconnect the lines going to the condensor. You also have to disconnect the parking brake lines & brake lines in order to remove the lower frame member.

That being said IF you're CAREFUL you can get away without doing an evac on the a/c system. You can lower the radiator frame member just enough to get to the upper bolts for the condensor & tie it in the chassis. You HAVE to be careful though, if you bend one of those lines & it cracks you're done for. From there you can remove the bolts entirely & lower the radiator in the frame member as a unit.

Installation is pretty much opposite except add bleeding the brakes, busting your knuckles getting the park brake cables hooked back up (yes, I've bled more than once doing it), & if you evac the a/c system pulling full vacuum & recharging (1.3 lbs)

Thanks for the info, seems I was in the right direction in removing this thing. It's a lot of work especially without a lift and no help. But I managed to get it all done and not looking to do it no time soon again. :(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back