Rear Wheel Jacks

BT2 Zeke

10+ Posts
Jan 17, 2021
Mexia, Texas, USA
I'm wanting get a couple of jacks I saw in a You Tube video. The guy in the video used a small flat screw driven jack with a couple of 4X4 blocks to raise the back tires off the ground a couple of inches. No where in the video does he say where he bought the jacks.

I need to change rear tires. I'm thinking to take the wheels off then have new tires installed at Discount Tire. I'm also looking for recommendation on replacement tires. I've never been a fan of the factory Dunlops.

TIA

I'm wanting get a couple of jacks I saw in a You Tube video. The guy in the video used a small flat screw driven jack with a couple of 4X4 blocks to raise the back tires off the ground a couple of inches. No where in the video does he say where he bought the jacks.

I need to change rear tires. I'm thinking to take the wheels off then have new tires installed at Discount Tire. I'm also looking for recommendation on replacement tires. I've never been a fan of the factory Dunlops.

TIA

If you know anyone on a volunteer fire department. They usually have wrecked cars that they practice on at the station house just about every one of them has that type of jacks in the trunk most of the jacks are brand new never used and I’m sure they will part with them..I have a few of them and because most cars are low to the ground now days the Jack’s fold flat and are perfect for getting under trike,s…

So you get a flat and can jack up the trike to get the tire off...now what? Gonna leave the trike on the side of the road with all your stuff strapped on it while you look for a place?I think the fact we have tubeless tires, it would be pretty safe to think we wouldn't get a blowout. Just a leak from a puncture. I always have used Ride On in my tires but also bring a air pump with me. Should be enuff to get me to someplace to the the tire repaired or replaced.

If you're just talking about something to jack the trike up at home, Harbor Freight has screw jacks. I wouldn't consider taking one with me. But maybe you weren't talking about that. l just went off on a tangent. We're planning a long trip so thats been on my mind alot.

So you get a flat and can jack up the trike to get the tire off...now what? Gonna leave the trike on the side of the road with all your stuff strapped on it while you look for a place?

I think the fact we have tubeless tires, it would be pretty safe to think we wouldn't get a blowout. Just a leak from a puncture. I always have used Ride On in my tires but also bring a air pump with me. Should be enuff to get me to someplace to the the tire repaired or replaced.

I don’t think the OP wants to change tires on the road he’s only thinking about changing tires in his garage . He just wants to take the tires off bring it to a tire place and put new tires on…?

I use a floor jack with a 4x4. My Harbor Freight bike lift (yellow) will lift the rear end entirely off the ground along with the front end teeter tottering. I put my two year old great niece on the front fender as a counter balance. She seems to like it. After few hours she starts screaming. Dosnt realize its an overnight deployment.

If you use a floor jack and a block of wood you can lift both wheels @ the same time jacking under the frame cross rail in the picture here, this is how I have jacked mine several times. I also use jack stands under the shock brackets just in case

Medium

If you have a trailer hitch you can put a floor jack in the center of it and lift the bike. I do this then put a jack stand under each side of the hitch frame. This works very good for doing PM work like tire removal, driveshaft PM and other under the bike things.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back