Rear Brake Stopping

1dn5up

Thumper
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2015
Bear Mtn. NY
The 2012 triglides have the worst rear brake stopping issues . Performance Machine has a stage II , 11” rotor and 4 piston combo replacement . Has anyone used this system ? As anything other than throwing out a anker out has got to be better.

The 2012 triglides have the worst rear brake stopping issues . Performance Machine has a stage II , 11” rotor and 4 piston combo replacement . Has anyone used this system ? As anything other than throwing out a anker out has got to be better.

With the non-ABS tri glides the rear brake is just there to scrub off speed and amuse you not for an emergency..

With my X 2011 Triglide if I had to make a quick stop I would pull up the bars as hard as I could and with authority yell whoa….. that seem to work?

With the non-ABS tri glides the rear brake is just there to scrub off speed andamuse you not for an emergency..

With my X 2011 Triglide if I had to make a quick stop I would pull up the bars as hard as I could and with authority yell whoa….. that seem to work?

Only reason you pulled up to the bars , is because your shorts filled up with shit ….…:AGGHH:

On my 14 I installed EBC double sintered pads, it was a game changer specially towing a trailer. The 21 in stock form works way way better… I still will upgrade the pads when I need pads.

I had to lock up the brakes on my 2018 when a car pulled "right out" in front of me. So close I could see the look of shock on her face. I think I was doing about 45 and the rears locked up so good it smoked the tires.

I guess it would be a good idea to empty my trunk and top case and do a few emergency stops just to see. If something breaks that would be a good time to find out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back