rear brake pad part number

Feb 8, 2023
Brooklyn WI USA
Hi,

2020 Trike rear brake pad part number. We have 11k on the trike and the pads are down to about a 1/8 of an inch left. The trike just got back from the dealer and they just did the 10k service. However they did not mention about the back brakes. I have looked on Amazon Cycle Gear for the pads. Each site gives me two different numbers for the EBC brake pads. Would like to order the right pads.

You are no doubt getting 2 sets of pads appearing for your trike from EBC, H sintered and HH sintered

Both will work fine, the double H has a higher friction number developed for racing to last longer and dissipate heat better

The metal sintered material is copper, it is easier on rotors

Brake pad thoughts and ideas

2020 Triglide rear brake pads start new at roughly 3/16 or .1875.

You are stating that your rear pads are at 1/8" or .125

The manual states minimum thickness is 1.02 mm or .040 meaning you have another 11,000 miles before replacement @ 1/16" under your current driving habits and roads.

Everyone has their own comfort range for brake pads and mine would be about 1/16 or .0625 or .022 thicker than Harley's recommended minimum thickness. I would inspect at maybe 2500 mile intervals. Of course heavy breaking means quicker replacement.

Harley OEM part# for your trike is 41300214 and like numerous parts I've been looking up lately they are currently unavailable and the note says "see dealer" Final answer: You are the master of your machine and need peace of mind so your own decision is what counts.

Thanks for the responses. I will leave alone for now and watch the pads. This would also explain why Harley dealer did not say anything about the pads. What is the EBC brake pad numbers. I came up with FL409hh for the rear from Cycle Gear.

I put EBC FA 641/4HH on the rear of my 2017. They come in a set of 4 pads to a set and if I remember correctly they were in the range of about $65.00 per set.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back