Rear Brake Rotors for 2012 Triglide

This winter it is things to make it stop. I have no problem making my ride safer and that is what this is about. I would hate to think HD realizes there is a serious rear brake problem and will not take ownership of it. By now I'm sure they have been contacted by numerous owners asking that very question. We aren't pushing HD to own up to poor power, why should we complain about poor brakes, I plan on working on mine to upgrade, as if were installing a tuner or performance air intake. And when the time comes I will proudly share how and what I have done to improve a very nice machine like M3 says needed Mechanical Intervention. And I will do it, Harley will sell you the parts they have but it does not fix it I want to fix it not just push the problem down the road. :Shrug: Ride safely Fearless

You are correct....... Like i said ... id be glad to work with you on this, i think we could get it done - and it wont cost us $1000.

I am going to see if a few of my mechanic friends want to get involved also. I have access to a machine shop, for what i cant do at my work. Time, and time to spare will be the only obstacle. Im not happy to admit that it took me 6+mo to figure out the info on the rotors. Im too dam busy.

It is sad that HD doesnt care, or they just make excuses making it look like they do care - and thats all there is to it. Like one person said - they want u to buy another bike every 5 years. And the same person or another said it true too - if this was Ford, GM or Chrysler - what would the NTSA say???

Not that I know of

I have not complained to officials about this I have not been harmed or injured in any way I'm going to fix my ride and I will share my results. ThumbUp ride safely fearless

No one has ever built a bullet proof bike or trike. Even if they did,none of us could afford it. Even if they did,someone would still complain. Most Harley owners know what they're getting when they purchase a H-D bike or trike,,yet they do it,anyway. :laugh:

If a business makes improvements in their products,does that mean the previous product was defective? You and I may not think that way but most lawyers probably do.

Exactly

No one has ever built a bullet proof bike or trike. Even if they did,none of us could afford it. Even if they did,someone would still complain. Most Harley owners know what they're getting when they purchase a H-D bike or trike,,yet they do it,anyway. :laugh:

If a business makes improvements in their products,does that mean the previous product was defective? You and I may not think that way but most lawyers probably do.
I just want better brakes I do not expect someone else to pay for them or anyone else I plan on making a great ride better ride safely fearless

I just want better brakes I do not expect someone else to pay for them or anyone else I plan on making a great ride better ride
safely fearless

I understand completely,Fred. Most of the hotrod bikes and cars I've built for myself over the years had aftermarket brakes.
One thing that does concern me about installing different calipers on a TG is the possibility of wheel clearance issues. TG rear wheels are an oddball width & offset that doesn't leave a lot of room for error.

I understand involed process

I understand completely,Fred. Most of the hotrod bikes and cars I've built for myself over the years had aftermarket brakes.
One thing that does concern me about installing different calipers on a TG is the possibility of wheel clearance issues. TG rear wheels are an oddball width & offset that doesn't leave a lot of room for error.

I have been quickly looking at ford focus aftermarket wheels just for something to look at. Possibly going with larger diameter wheel to get clearance for larger rotors and calipers who knows where this will go. :cxtv: fearless

possibly different master cylinder also

Last edited:
You need to find all the specs for both the caliper & the master cyl. The clearance for the wheel will accept a 10.5 rotor with the stock caliper. As far as the 10.6 '14ym rotor, I would think it would also fit. But they also changed the caliper & pad in '14.
I wonder what it would take to mount the '14 master cyl. It has a remote reservoir.

thank you

There is s a lot of things I have to look at thanks for the in put, we have a long winter it will be interesting. thank you again. fearless :AllGood:

Rear Rotors

I have not complained to officials about this I have not been harmed or injured in any way I'm going to fix my ride and I will share my results. ThumbUp ride safely fearless

I did contact NTSB via their website and reported the issue. I also wrote a letter to the MOCO. Their response was that since there have not been many Triglides sold, it did not make economic sense for them to lower the cost of the rotors!

the reality of this

I did contact NTSB via their website and reported the issue. I also wrote a letter to the MOCO. Their response was that since there have not been many Triglides sold, it did not make economic sense for them to lower the cost of the rotors!

Unless someone gets hurt and can prove known brake problem they will not budge off center. I don't want to be that person after the fact. :Shrug: I just want to fix the problem I'm getting closer. ride safely fearless

Not may SOLD????? Are u serious. These things are flyin out the dealer ... been to over 5 in last 6 mos - they cant even keep one on the floor to show.. they come in.. they leave.

Am i the only one seeing more and more of them ??? :confused:

I see more and more

:Agree: We see them all the time while we are out and about. And I'm not out a lot right now. Busy working on other things, like brake rotors. :gah: ride safely fearless

14-15-16 Rotor size(rear)?

I have tried to find out the diameter of wet head triglides rear rotors no success. Does anyone know what they are for sure? I would appreciate a little help. Thanks. :Shrug: ride safely fearless

14-15-16 Caliper has mounting bracket attached

Fearless is thinkin again ... gotta LOVE IT !! :cool:

Caliper and mount are one unit on 14-15-16 just like those on ford focus, next see if mount bolt spacing is same on axle mount on tri's just sayin :Shrug: ride safely fearless

Fearless is thinkin again ... gotta LOVE IT !! :cool:

Caliper and mount are one unit on 14-15-16 just like those on ford focus, next see if mount bolt spacing is same on axle mount on tri's just sayin :Shrug: ride safely fearless

Fearless, The bolt pattern is also the same for mounting the '14- '15 as on the '09-'13. But for the price of the caliper assm of $400 ea, there would also be a gain using the later parts with the 10.6" rotors. @ $190 a pair.
But if the Ford parts could be mounted also & had close to the same fluid capacity you might be on to something there.
I'm looking to see if Brembo might make a caliper also with a larger pad.
If a person looks at going over to the latest rear system including the whole rear system would be $1250 + misc. parts.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back