Question re Installation of CB noise suppressors on 2003 Honda GL 1800

Question re Installation of CB noise suppressors on 2003 Honda GL 1800

I have installed the Honda OEM CB unit. There are three noise suppressors that are required to be installed - 1) on left side behind driver, 2) on right side next to storage pocket and 3) on left side below storage pocket. I found 1 and 2, but I cannot locate No. 3. All are supposed to be white connectors as was 1and 2. I found a connector that is the same style plug-in, but it is grey.

Does anyone know where the No. 3 connector can be found or if the “grey” connector is the right one.

thanks for any input.

Ken

I have installed the Honda OEM CB unit. There are three noise suppressors that are required to be installed - 1) on left side behind driver, 2) on right side next to storage pocket and 3) on left side below storage pocket. I found 1 and 2, but I cannot locate No. 3. All are supposed to be white connectors as was 1and 2. I found a connector that is the same style plug-in, but it is grey.

Does anyone know where the No. 3 connector can be found or if the “grey” connector is the right one.

thanks for any input.

Ken

Sorry, the only connector that I find on left front is “black” but it does fit the noise suppressor connector.

Sorry, the only connector that I find on left front is “black” but it does fit the noise suppressor connector.

Thanks for the response. I traced the No 2 suppressor to the right side fan. I traced that black connector to the left fan and so I installed the No 3 suppressor there. Will see how it works tomorrow.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Ken

Problem solved

I purchased and installed the Ground Loop Isolator and problem solved — no more high pitched whine through the auxiliary port. Nice to have a place to go to get the right answers. Thanks for the help.

Ken

CB installation

This shows the proper places to install the 3 filters:

http://goldwing.eurekaboy.com/cb.htm

Thanks for the information. My installation was the same as shown in the video with the left noise suppressor being connected through a “black” connector - - the instructions from Honda are incorrect as it labeled this connection as a “white” connector. That is what caused all of my confusion. Anyway, it has been correctly installed and works great.

Thanks again

Ken

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back