Problems with Trike

Apr 8, 2013
Indiana
I just put new Wild 1 wo577 on my trike put the new TBW and thundermax had it put on in DEC but now for the last three nights I road to about the same place and I get the engine light and the throttle will not work then it starts working again and I can drive it back home need help

Mike, I think you need to help out here if you have any idea whats wrong. You're the Man ya know. Hope you've been out riding some. I have had mine out yet since my wife had to have emergencey surgery 2wks ago for a hole in her stomach. without surgery that day she would've died. So now I need to stay home. ride safe buddy. Jim

It's a good bet it isn't the exhaust system. If the check engine light comes on, there is a code in the memory telling you what the problem is. If the light comes on and the throttle won't work, it is going into "limp home mode" My guess, you have a short somewhere in the wiring. Did you do the bar job?? Did you have to cut and splice the throttle by wire? Maybe something came undone or is shorting on the bars.

Good Luck trouble shooting.

I put the bars on my self the wire of the heated grips I cut and didnt need I reset the thundermax last night and will ride to night and see we rode all day Friday it run good it has been doing this sents Sat. I didnt cut or splice any wires

I put the bars on my self the wire of the heated grips I cut and didnt need I reset the thundermax last night and will ride to night and see we rode all day Friday it run good it has been doing this sents Sat. I didnt cut or splice any wires

I'd look at the connector for the TBW for corrosion and put a little dielectric grease on it before putting it together. This is a problem they had for a little while with the TBW bikes.

Mike, I think you need to help out here if you have any idea whats wrong. You're the Man ya know. Hope you've been out riding some. I have had mine out yet since my wife had to have emergencey surgery 2wks ago for a hole in her stomach. without surgery that day she would've died. So now I need to stay home. ride safe buddy. Jim

Been out riding both bikes and trying to get ready for my trips this summer, hope your wife makes a quick recovery.

Kinda surprised, I had to cut/splice the wires for the TBW on my '08 E-Glide, and the '09 tri. You can disassemble the connector to get the wires out, but there wasn't enough slack to put them back together with the new, longer Chubbies. Guess the '11s have more slack in the wire loom. That is usually the cause of stalling or dying problems, some wire got screwed up on re-assemble. I soldered and shrink wrapped all the wires before I re-assembled.

Really hate it when a problem 'comes and goes'. Usually means it is going to lull you into confidence, then go out when you are in the middle of nowhere and not come back.

Good Luck.

Good Luck.

Thanks Mike. She's getting a little better each day. She won't be able to go back to work until June 3or4, if everything heals up ok. Thanks for responding to that post. I'm glueless when it comes to computer and electronic stuff. If I have a problem i'll ask for your help. Doesn't look like I'll get much riding in with the wife messed up. It's still sitting on the lift. Hopefully I'll get a chance to run down to see Dennis. Still like to run over to your place just to visit for awhile. Jim

I guess I will put the old TWB back on and cut the green plug off and splice new wire back on anymore help I should would like somemore

I guess I will put the old TWB back on and cut the green plug off and splice new wire back on anymore help I should would like somemore

Before you get carried away, what is the trouble code.It may lead you to another problem other than the throttle. Not saying it isn't the throttle, but check the code first.pepper

How do you check the code on my trike thanks

To check the codes link up to TMax with computer , click TMax-ModuleControlCenter, then Engine Diagonostic codes. All the codes are listed by name with history of faults and if they are current.

Also if you didnt use dialetric grease at connections do it now.

Anymore please

Check your codes ...... If you don't have a way to get to the bike with a computer, do it in the speedo window.
Everyone can shoot in the dark, but that is all it will be until there is more information. Open up the operator manual, It will show you how to do it step by step.
Icebite1 explained how to do it with a computer & the TMax. pepper

Thanks Bikerbozo, I stole part of your post.

I am not familiar with the TMax, if it follows the same calls, but here are the ones for the Harley Delphi ECM.::

Turn the Ignition switch to the OFF position.

Set the Run/Stop switch to the Run position.

Push in the odometer reset button and hold.

Turn on the ignition switch and release the odometer reset button. The process has been completed correctly when the speedometer needle sweeps across the speedometer and all indicator lamps illuminate. The speedometer will also display "DIAG."

Press the odometer reset button once. "PSSPt" will display on the speedometer. Each letter signifies an area of the diagnostics testing, with the current selection flashing. Push the odometer reset button to scroll through the components for testing.

Press and hold the odometer reset button for 5 seconds, then release. Any codes stored will be displayed on the speedometer. If no codes are stored, the speedometer will display "NONE."

Press the odometer reset button again to view additional codes, if any.

Record the codes and refer to your service manual for possible faults or conditions.

Turn off the Ignition switch to exit the diagnostics testing.

That code is : P2122 TGS1 Low/Open.
Did you go all the way through the different letters "PSSPt" ? And nothing there ?

S1 should be the ign switch I think without going to the wiring schematic . Do you have the run/stop switch in run, or stop ?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back