Power...Power, I need more power

Too each his own, but truthfully I never noticied any difference without the compensator. On the new CVO trike I can feel the compensator on deceleration, kinda annoying. I did this conversion on an 07 Ultra. None of this would have been necessary if HD had someone smart enough to get the gearing right in the first place. This is such a no-brainer that it makes me think the overgearing is done to satisfy some EPA rule at the expense of rideability. Just MHO!

Dwight

Too each his own, but truthfully I never noticied any difference without the compensator. On the new CVO trike I can feel the compensator on deceleration, kinda annoying. I did this conversion on an 07 Ultra. None of this would have been necessary if HD had someone smart enough to get the gearing right in the first place. This is such a no-brainer that it makes me think the overgearing is done to satisfy some EPA rule at the expense of rideability. Just MHO!

Dwight

I think you are very close to being correct. It seems most European & Japanese bikes are over geared to ease the problems associated with noise & emission compliance which varies from market to market. That why they are factory tuned to run lean around the area where they are tested. ( Lack of torque-- Sound familiar ? ) and also speedo's are set to read 7/10% high ???.

I was running a 2007 Street Glide that I upgraded to a 103 with 255 cams and later the 30 tooth pulley because I was pulling a trailer while 2 up. This winter I had the CSC conversion done. I talked to Tech Support at CSC before the conversion about having a 30 tooth pulley and he told me that there belt system is set up to equal the stock gear ratio as a stock HD and there was enough he adjustment to compensate whether using the stock 32 tooth or 30 tooth pulley. I think his name was Kyle? Also, I have 9000 miles on this combination. Just got back from a week in the Rockies around Breckenridge, CO and a week in the Black Hills. Believe me, with the exception of climbing the mountain passes,,, I do just fine with my two wheel friends.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back