Pictures of Aircraft Thread...

tumblr_mbdvfaANjF1rvtdi7o1_500.jpg

BA_concorde_1380992c.jpg

fbtsd_retire.jpg
Howard Pardue, who owned the Corsair in the first picture also owned this Grumman F8F Bearcat which he crashed at the airport in Breckenridge, Texas. He died in the crash, but at 77 he was doing what he loved.GrummanBearcat.jpg

CEJoe.jpgb 17 cotten eyed joe down.jpgAND STILL THEY COME 2.jpg

This Nazi (for real) was enroute to fight with my ole man July 5 1943 dads first but not last gunfight. 50 fighters shot down 8 possibles, and they were vets, that nose art says 100 missions each for the fighter planes.

Over Sicily before the invasion. Ben Warmer 3 planes over from my dad became a double ace that day and had a battle field promotion to LT an moved out of that unit to shoot down 3 more before wars end.

Ben was a 6ft 6in athlete, don't know how he fit, a b-17 is small, as Ive been in chuckie when it was in ft worth.

This was the hornets nest over Gerbani, his second presidential citation came on Black Thursday where they almost lost the whole friggn American air force, ole man crew came home with 4 bullets or was it two ??? from Hornets nest, he took about 2k in extra ammo for the Black Thursday mission.

The Cotton Eyed Joe took them 50 missions from North Africa to the belly of the beast (Germany). Then after the surrender, the crew was enroute to Japan, to finish them off.

I talked to the Navigator on the Hornets nest mission, the internet can be a wonderful thang.:D

The reason the CEJ is down the pilot forgot to put the flaps ??? down or the wheels and crash bang boom, ole man never bragged on the pilot, he wore yellow cowboy boots and was from Texas. One of two pilots.

Hes gone now, they all be gone, but not forgotten.

b 17 charles betts covert orignial pilot.jpgb 17 bill pixler pilot of cotton eye joe.jpgB 17 ON FIRE GOING DOWN.jpgB 17 TAIL RUDDER SHOT TO HELL.jpgB 17 tail sliced bombing run.jpgCotton eyed Joe crew with my dad 4th from left standing.jpgcobra tank 1st in bastone.jpg

My dad on the back row 4th from the left i think, cant see pic clearly

Tank first into Bastonge to relive the airborne, my kinfolk. Cobra King

wiki it, reads like a wild west shoot out, tanks behind getting killed (4) arriving in time to blow up a Nazi pill box, for the airborne, airborne didn't turn down any help, even tho they said they didn't need it.:cxtv:cobra king plaque in beligum.jpg

She that and so much more. As an airtraffic controller in Miami Center we had the pleasure of guiding these birds to their tankers for air refueling over the Atlantic. It is done just as they say in the video. We had to keep everyone else away from the pair. When done she did the ditsy doodle and puff she was GONE. We had speed readouts on her target well over 1500 knots. We didn't get to track her long before she was gone. The pilots were great to talk to we used codes for altitude reporting above 60k.

Also worked a lot of U-2 aircraft when they flew out of Patrick Air Force base. Fun but not quite as exciting.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back