Pictures of Aircraft Thread...

bone1.jpg

Lynnspics130.jpg

bone5.jpg

Those B-52 bombers are beautiful planes, if you ever get a chance to see one up close it's inspiring.

In the late 70's I was working at a radio station in the Upper Peninsula. There was a series of exercises out of K.I. Sawyer AFB near Marquette, MI that the media was invited to attend, and I was fortunate enough to be the one from our station to go. I got to ride behind the boom operator in a KC-135 tanker and watch as a B-52 was refueled. It was amazing to see that gigantic airplane flying just below us seemingly a few feet away. Later in the day I got to ride in a BUFF. It is a huge aircraft and amazingly cramped. It is a wonder that the planes originally designed in the 1950's are still in service, and are expected to be into the 2040's.
The view from the boom operators position. It looked a lot closer in person than in this picture:

Attachments

• BUFF.jpg
    BUFF.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 112
Can you call the A10 a true workhorse or do you have to call it a workhog?:Shrug: Workhog just doesn't sound right.:( :laugh::laugh::laugh: It is an amazing plane that should never have been dropped from our arsenal.:confused:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back