Off I Go-Another Adventure!

Leaving Ohio for Alaska in the morning on my 09 gl1800 Hannigan.
Traveling solo. Now the trick will be to be at the airport in Anchorage when my wife arrives there in two weeks.:)
I hate you. I'd love to do that. Ride safe and make sure you fill up with gas even if you don't need it. I'm sure that is your plan.

Leaving Ohio for Alaska in the morning on my 09 gl1800 Hannigan.
Traveling solo. Now the trick will be to be at the airport in Anchorage when my wife arrives there in two weeks.:)[/QUOTE

"HEADS UP" a section of the Alaska Highway (Yukon Territory) has been wash out in the Watson Lake area and they don't know when that part will reopen, so be looking for a detour.
Butch

Hope you have a great trip. Is your wife keeping track of you on a map at home?
My Mom always did that when I made solo cross country trips. I called in my location every couple of hours. Anything could happen plus there are a lot of crazies out there, so we always wanted a last known location just in case. Ride safe!!!
Denise

Where is your next stopping point?
Butch

Sorry for the delayed answer but I haven't had access. I'm in Delta Junction now and I don't even know what direction I'll go in the morning! All I know for sure is that I will never ride the section of the Alaska highway between Haines Junction and Beaver Creek in theYukon again. The part from Destruction Bay to Beaver Creek was the worst stretch of road I have ever ridden,full of frost heaves,vicious potholes and loose gravel. By the way, the flooded section of the Alaska highway near Watson Lake is now open.

Sorry for the delayed answer but I haven't had access. I'm in Delta Junction now and I don't even know what direction I'll go in the morning! All I know for sure is that I will never ride the section of the Alaska highway between Haines Junction and Beaver Creek in theYukon again. The part from Destruction Bay to Beaver Creek was the worst stretch of road I have ever ridden,full of frost heaves,vicious potholes and loose gravel. By the way, the flooded section of the Alaska highway near Watson Lake is now open.

You got further than I thought. Destruction Bay area has been a bad area for a long time, about the only way to avoid that area is go over the top of the world from Delta Junction turn onto Taylor Hwy through Chicken to Dawson City when heading South or from Whitehorse to Dawson City when heading North. Be carefull
Butch