New member has question

Mar 18, 2015
wever iowa
I just joined. We have a 2015 Triglide bought in January. Have about 300 miles on it so far. We had an 01 Ultra with a DFT trike kit on it for the last 2 years. We really like the 3rd wheel. My question is about the fairing bag that goes behind the windshield. Does it block the vent in the fairing? I have read the reviews on the harley website and no one seems to like it so I thought I would ask here. Thanks

I just joined. We have a 2015 Triglide bought in January. Have about 300 miles on it so far. We had an 01 Ultra with a DFT trike kit on it for the last 2 years. We really like the 3rd wheel. My question is about the fairing bag that goes behind the windshield. Does it block the vent in the fairing? I have read the reviews on the harley website and no one seems to like it so I thought I would ask here. Thanks

They don't block the vents, If you get the ones made for the 15's'.

Welcome to the forum.
The new '15 has a different style windshield pouch There is a slanted space under for the air flow. I really like mine. Plenty of storage for glasses, keys etc.

Ride safe
Gary

Welcome to the forum.
The new '15 has a different style windshield pouch There is a slanted space under for the air flow. I really like mine. Plenty of storage for glasses, keys etc.

Ride safe
Gary
I agree mines a 14 its handy

Welcome to the forum. I don't use the windshield bags even when I had my Ultra. As I get older, I need to see more of whats in front of me .:)

Thanks for the replies. We have the tour pak orginizer now I think we will try it for awhile. I am not sure how to add pictures here but as soon as I figure it out I will post some.

Thanks for the replies. We have the tour pak orginizer now I think we will try it for awhile. I am not sure how to add pictures here but as soon as I figure it out I will post some.

Let us know how that works out. I have been thinking of the same thing to keep small up and out of the way. Just want to see if it's worth the install.

Good to know, did you put the little clear rubber things on?

The previous owner installed the fairing bags on the 2000 Classic that I purchased in 03 and had a Champion trike kit installed. He removed the bags when he sold it to me, so it was not on the bike that long. I looked at the bags this morning and there are no clear rubber things, nor do I see any evidence that there ever were any. Maybe that feature was added at a later date.

The trike had 59K on it when I traded it for the 13 and I think the handling was just as good. However, the 13 Anniv. is much nicer!

My01 Ultra with the DFT kit on it rode about the same as my 15 but the 15 has a lot more power and a lot more room. Plus it the electronics are much nicer on the 15.

The previous owner installed the fairing bags on the 2000 Classic that I purchased in 03 and had a Champion trike kit installed. He removed the bags when he sold it to me, so it was not on the bike that long. I looked at the bags this morning and there are no clear rubber things, nor do I see any evidence that there ever were any. Maybe that feature was added at a later date.

The trike had 59K on it when I traded it for the 13 and I think the handling was just as good. However, the 13 Anniv. is much nicer!

That's why it wore down the paint ... mine came with clear rubber feet that ya stuck to the bottom of the bags to protect the paint.

fairing bag

I have the faring bag installed on my trike and it does not block the vent. It goes on top of it. I love the ability to put small things in it that are easily to get things in and out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back