New Member from Travelers Rest SC

Dec 13, 2019
Travelers Rest, SC
Hello Trike Talk,

Just found a reference to this forum from the GL1800Riders forum. Glad I found it!

I just turned 70 this past summer and am at the point where it may be trike time for me. I've been riding since I was 16 and got my first Gold Wing in 1984 (brand new '84 GL1200 Interstate). I've been been riding Gold Wings ever since. Still have three of them!

I'm pretty sure I'm to the point now where I'm going to have to give up trying to keep this 900 pound bike upright in parking lots and such. Not only am I older now, but I'm weaker as well. Time marches on and takes its toll. My wife and I currently ride a 2006 GL1800. I've been putting off getting the Gold Wing triked because I just hate to give up the unique feeling of riding on two wheels. On the other hand I just don't feel as capable on two wheels with 2-up and loaded bags as I did just a few years ago.

I've been reading through some of the forum posts today and am glad to hear how happy people are after having made the change from two wheels to three.

Have a Honda dealer right up the road from me in Hendersonville, NC who builds a ton of trikes. So, I guess I've gotta sell off a bike or two from the stable to pay for a trike kit now!

PS) Gonna keep a smaller sport touring bike in the stable so I can still get the two wheel experience when I ride 1-up in the mountains.

Attachments

• Bob_Linda_Goldwings_78_Web.jpg
    Bob_Linda_Goldwings_78_Web.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 187
Hello Robert! Welcome to TrikeTalk from Texas!

Looks like you are heading in the right direction for the right reasons - as most of us did. That 3rd wheel takes the worry out of dropping the bike in a slow parking lot turn for sure.

Happy hunting!

Hi Robert and welcome to the forums, we had to make a change a few years ago for the same reasons. We have no worries now and enjoy riding together.

You landed in the right place

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania a wise man know his limitations. You will most likely never look back as got keeping a two wheeler around good for you. Travel safe Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back