New 2015 Tri Glide

Jun 27, 2015
kitchener
My new Tri Glide has arrived at the dealer where this photo was taken. I had ordered or reserved a 2016 but couldnt bring myself to be without a bike until Sept. I hope to pick it up and learn to ride it in the next few days. I have ridden two wheels for 38 years but a Trike never. I am a little nervous

new trike.jpg

in a few days you will be an old pro. Keep your feet up, turn the bars in the direction you want to go, Pull and Push, really no leaning required and watch out the first time you pull next to a gas pump. Welcome and best of luck.

Bought and rode my first trike in June, also a '15 tri glide. I've rode 2 wheelers for 40 years myself. For me, it's been a BIG adjustment. If you've rode 4 wheelers in the past, I've been told it's the same kind of feel. But of course, I haven't, so it a 'from scratch' thing for me.

Oh yeah, I should add--Congrats on the purchase! :D

- - - Updated - - -

My new Tri Glide has arrived at the dealer where this photo was taken. I had ordered or reserved a 2016 but couldnt bring myself to be without a bike until Sept. I hope to pick it up and learn to ride it in the next few days. I have ridden two wheels for 38 years but a Trike never. I am a little nervous

View attachment 28720

What color is it? That's a black and white photo if I'm looking right.

I see you are from Kitchener. Ontario? Went there a few years ago for the big Oktoberfest celebration. Had a ball. Enjoy your ride.

Just like me, you picked the fastest color. Just like you, I never rode a trike before I traded my Heritage in on it a year ago. 24K miles later, I wouldn't be without it! I like Fuzzy's suggestion of figure 8s in a parking lot... our HOG chapter has Parking Lot Practice one Sunday a month, where the drill team teaches you the SAFE fast way around, and I learned a lot quickly from them. Push and pull and this thing will turn faster than you will believe! Just be prepared for some initial tired upper body if you do a lot of twisties... it is more work, but worth it.

Enjoy the new scoot, and ride it like you stole it!:clapping:

1st of all CONGRATS ThumbUp Now about learning to ride ! It ain't nothing to it. I was without a bike for over 8 yrs because I got back into Hot Rods. Then bought a 2006 bagger with only 4k on he that was last yr. When we got to Phoenix I started to look at them agsain. Picked one up a few day later. Man I LOVE it !!!!! Its didn't take but a few mins to get into it and ride. EASY as they come to ride and very comfortable. Making turns is different but not hard at all. Takes a bit of getting used to but I see women riding them out there and they handle it with ease also. Just don't put your FEET DOWN. Not till you have turned it OFF ! Now get out there an ride it . Every ride will become easier and easier. You'll look for any excuse to take her out lol ENJOY........Rick

The positive encouragement from you guys helps a lot . I am excited to get on and ride!!! My biggest fear is pushing the right bar when I should be pulling:)

Welcome to the trike world. Just get as much seat time on it as you can. We enjoy ours. This weekend we went out Sat from 9-5 and Sunday from 10-3. Put about 300 miles this weekend. ENJOY enjoy and ENJOY

You will pick it up in no time. For awhile I rode both 2 wheels and 3 wheels and was able to switch back and forth with no issues. Many others on here ride both. It is different but still will only take you a very short time to get used to it. As others have said, don't put your feet down. Had a friend that did that and ran over his foot with the back wheel. Did not turn out well.

Nice trike. You will love it.

Sunman

Remember to forget everything you have learned about countersteering. It goes where where you steer it. Just don't want you to make the mistake I made on my first day with a trike on a corner I have been making every day for years of two wheeling and habit took over. I counter steered, went wrong way, habit took over again, and I increased the counter steer. I ended up in the grass on the wrong side of the road. Lucky no one was coming the opposite way. The good news is that it was the last time I made that mistake. :)

View attachment 28720[/QUOTE]

Welcome and congratulations on your new trike. In no time you will be an old hand at riding a trike. Relax and enjoy. Don't over think it. Take your time and it will be second nature soon enough.

Be safe and I am sure it will be a while before that big grin you are sporting goes away. Wait a minute, it never goes away.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back