My turn for prayers......

Dec 27, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Sitting in the hospital recovering from my first and hopefully last heart attack. Had my right coronary blocked 100% Sunday. Thank God for my wife and her ability to know when I'm trying to fool her, she wouldn't accept it and called 911. Had a stint put in and am feeling great now. Probably the end of my riding season for this year but at least I'm here to hope for next season. On the road to recovery and glad to be alive. God is good!!!

Our friend, also a biker, had the same or similar situation about a year ago. He had "repairs", like you and is now doing terrific!

Our thoughts and prayers to you for a similar outcome! God Bless...

Share away Russ, I stole it from a friend in Alaska. The wife had a 95% blockage a couple of years ago, 2 stents and she's doing fantastic, I'm sure you will be the same.

You will do well, I have some experience with this junk. Playing around in the jungle in agent orange as a kid has been a high price. I have agent orange heart disease. 3 open heart surgeries and more that 10 stents, I have a zipper in the chest. Surgeries usually means 6 months and you are back doing things again. Stents might take 3 weeks. The trick is to listen to the doc and to listen to the old body, do the therapy and take the meds. I have never had a heart attack, been able to spot it and get in and get fixed.

Didn't mean to get on a roll. Take care of yourself and you will know when it's time to get back on the ride. Jim

Russ, you have been in our thoughts and prayers, its great to hear you're already getting out.. you take good care of yourself buddy! You'll have your knees in the wind in short order!

Russ, glad to hear they were able to do a stint on you. I couldn't get one because arteries were hard so they had to do bypass surgery 12 years ago. Missed 14 weeks of riding. Thanks to your wife you'll be like new again. Take your time recovering and now should think about getting exercise and eating better.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back