Maggie Valley 2015

Leaving Kansas City

Leaving Kansas City Sept 5 some time AM riding until tired arrive in Maggie valley when ever on the 6th. Anybody want to join me I am open to time frame. :pepper:

Jerry

I really hope everyone has a crazy, great time! Our family has been sidelined due to illness, also. Then the kicker was George(hubby) had a stroke in late March. He is recovering well, but still doesn't feel comfortable on a bike or trike and isn't quite up to a long trip away from home. You all have a blast for us!

The wife and I might be able to stop and see everyone for a little bit on either Tue, Wed, or Thur evening. We have to make a trip to Ohio for a funeral and will be travelling by car from Ohio back to Florida the week of the get together. Since we will be going through Charlotte, NC on our trek south, it would be nice to meet some friendly faces and put them with screen names. I'll know more the first part of the week as to our exact plans, we're leaving Florida this Saturday morning .

You don't wanna' miss this one Folks...Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, and the Perfect Time of Year...get that Registration turned in...if not, You'll wish You had when the "Pics-n-Posts" start pouring in afterwards...Hope to see YOU there.....ThumbUp

Never Too Late.....ThumbUp

Am I the only paranoid one paying attention to the track of rain in future from that Caribbean hurricane right now?
Bring your rain gear...and the booze, if stuck in hotel.

Am I the only paranoid one paying attention to the track of rain in future from that Caribbean hurricane right now?
Bring your rain gear...and the booze, if stuck in hotel.

I do believe that we in central Florida are watching it a little closer than you may be !! haha The one out there now will be long gone by Laborday, just hope another does not follow it up!!

Tomg

I close my Home Depot in Kansas City on Friday night. We will leave sometime Saturday morning. When we came back from Eureka Springs, we rode through the remnants of Tropical Storm Bill. Not going to worry about things I can't control! We are SO looking forward to seeing you all!

Hey guys the next storm is FRED, aka Big Dog. I sure hope that it stays out in the ocean, or just dies out. Watching closely, planning the trip :pepper:

Looking like the weather services have been paying attention to my predictions. Looks dry down to Roanoke for us, but looking mighty drunk, with scattered inebriation through at least Tues at Maggie Valley. Might not be anything else to do. I do mix a mean "Red Headed Slut". Maybe i'll pack the fixings for Jello Shots too.:Joker3:

Looking like the weather services have been paying attention to my predictions. Looks dry down to Roanoke for us, but looking mighty drunk, with scattered inebriation through at least Tues at Maggie Valley. Might not be anything else to do. I do mix a mean "Red Headed Slut". Maybe i'll pack the fixings for Jello Shots too.:Joker3:
When are you leaving & what route are you taking ? I,m leaving about 5:00 am saturday 90-87-84-81 try to make it to wytheville,Va saturday , maybe we can meet up on the way if your going any of those rts??? ITS NOT GOING TO RAIN

When are you leaving & what route are you taking ? I,m leaving about 5:00 am saturday 90-87-84-81 try to make it to wytheville,Va saturday , maybe we can meet up on the way if your going any of those rts??? ITS NOT GOING TO RAIN
Probably get to NJ Thursday night so Dianne can sleep in Friday. Then I-78 to I-81 south. Don't really do that many miles with her. Maybe 350- 400 on good day. 800 total for us 1-way.

You don't wanna' miss this one Folks...Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, and the Perfect Time of Year...get that Registration turned in...if not, You'll wish You had when the "Pics-n-Posts" start pouring in afterwards...Hope to see YOU there.....ThumbUp

...and for Folks trying to decide whether to bring rain gear.....NEVER head into the Mountains in this Area without it. Rain and Storms form quickly and sometimes without warning..."TRUST ME", this has been my Riding Area for 45+ years.....ThumbUp

rain gear

Come on Scuuter where is your sense of adventure!!!

After all the rain makes the corn grow.
Corn sells for about $5.00 a bushel
Corn makes moonshine
1 bushel of corn makes about a gallon of shine that sells for about $120 a gallon.
Now do you think these mountain folks aren't smart?

Oh well bring your rain gear and a little spending money and we'll have a good time in Maggie Valley.

Rain gear is a good thing to have no matter where you're riding. Better to have it and not need it than the other way around. I've gone into a restaurant on a cloudless, sunny day and come out a half hour later to it pouring down rain. Same with a coat. When I lived in Michigan's U.P. it could be 90° in the day and in the low 50's at night. We always carry both.

I am done counting the days until Maggie Valley. Now I'm working on hours. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back