Info on Torbleau. Trikes

Douglas44

100+ Posts
Apr 2, 2019
Lewisville
I am going to look at a 2002 Goldwing trike converted by the company Torbleau Trikes .

I think they are located in Minnesota .

Can anyone shed some light on them , good/ bad any help appreciated .

I found a telephone number and an old web site but do not see anything else about them and searching this forum has not come up with anything.

I tried calling but got no answer, I was able to leave a message

Help :Shrug:

Thank you , I have tried to contact them , left a message

( thought bike shops were open on Sat )

I need to re think this machine , the Honda portion is already 20 years old . Only has 42k miles on it. But at that age I seriously have some reservations about any service or parts availability.

It sure is pretty though.:confused:

Thank you , I have tried to contact them , left a message

( thought bike shops were open on Sat )

I need to re think this machine , the Honda portion is already 20 years old . Only has 42k miles on it. But at that age I seriously have some reservations about any service or parts availability.

It sure is pretty though.:confused:

Be careful many a person has been fooled by pretty face 🧏*♀️…

Give them a call on Tuesday most bike shops are closed on Sunday and Monday..And if you can’t contact them then that’s your”” Sign” ….

They are closed on Saturday as well as Sunday. They work the old fashion way Monday to Friday. Give them a shout on Monday, someone should be there.

SunClosed
Mon8AM–5PM
Tue8AM–5PM
Wed8AM–5PM
Thu8AM–5PM
Fri8AM–5PM
SatClosed

From Google,

Address: 501 Bus Park Cir, Stoughton, WI 53589

Hours:

SundayClosed
Monday8AM–5PM
Tuesday8AM–5PM
Wednesday8AM–5PM
Thursday8AM–5PM
Friday8AM–5PM
SaturdayClosed

Suggest new hours

Phone: (608) 873-0200

Address: 501 Bus Park Cir, Stoughton, WI 53589

Hours:

SundayClosed
Monday8AM–5PM
Tuesday8AM–5PM
Wednesday8AM–5PM
Thursday8AM–5PM
Friday8AM–5PM
SaturdayClosed

Phone: (608) 873-0200

I have decided to pass on the Trike in question.

It's a 2002 model with no verifiable maintenance records .

So based on those two things I have backed off from making an overnight trip to see it.

Perhaps I am wrong , but buying a 20 year old motorcycle is a recipe for disaster.

How fast things change :)

I called the company that had done the trike conversion to the 2002 model I was looking at.

Left a message , and much to my surprise the owner of Torbleau Trikes called me back .

We talked over all the things I was concerned about , plus a real good talk about straight axle vs IRS . He prefers the straight axle but admits that it's been a while since he last looked in to IRS and was sure there was more data not than when he had last looked.

The parts availability for an 02 model might be a little hard to find , but he felt that since the 1800 models had now been around for a long time. They are pretty much bullet proof. Even if the maintenance had been a little sketchy and as for the trike he suggested that I change the motor oil and the rear end . Check the see if there is any excessive axle play . Also the brakes might need an adjustment . The bike has drum brakes, is that typical of trikes ??

So I got back with the seller, he agreed to take some pretty good $$ amount off the sale price .Just in case I did run into a problem.

Going to drive over with SWMBO next week and hope to be riding it home to NC from VA.. It's a day long trip so if there are any problem they should show up .

Since my longest trike ride to date is a short ride on a parking lot and down a straight road a mile or so.

I have a feeling that I'll probably be needing some Bengay or Aspercreme by the time I get home.

Any one have any tips to share about riding that far ????

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back