How much difference is a "SOLID AXLE then a IRS trike

I'm not talking one or two specific deals, I'm just referring to figures reflected by NADA and KBB. I can name you a couple real good steals over the past few years that would destroy their numbers. I picked up a '20 conversion back a couple years ago for less than $11,000.

Another thing I found interesting in doing my analysis was if you had an '09 Harley that you installed a 2014 conversion kit, Motortrike and a couple of the others consider this a '14. Go figure. That really screwed up the numbers. Me, I figure a "09 converted in '14 is still a '09.

8~\o

I never heard of anything like this in my life. I don't care what a conversion company thinks, if the title says it is an 09, it is an 09.

IRS verses solid

We rode allot of 2 wheel miles on Beemers.
We tried several IRS and solid Wing trikes and Anita said she hates the IRS
side slide on the seat trying to tip her off.
I think all trikes ride poorly, very poorly compared to a good 2 wheeler.
Like every toy, there is no perfect ride but Nothing compares to the Wing.

Happy New Year

Last edited:
I never heard of anything like this in my life. I don't care what a conversion company thinks, if the title says it is an 09, it is an 09.

Yep.. I built A VW dune buggy, Way back in the 70's, And the frame VIN# was 1965 and thats what the MVD said and my insurance company said also....