How much did Sato win with Indy 500 victory?

Jul 13, 2011
Cville, IN / Leesburg, FL
[h=4]

That victory earned Sato $2,458,129 from a total purse of $13,178,359 for the 101st Indianapolis 500. The Indy 500 win was Sato's 8th start at the track and his second career win in Indycar racing.

Not bad for not leading very many laps. BUT, he led the most important lap!

The purse consists of Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Verizon IndyCar Series awards, plus other designated and special awards, according to a news release.

Alexander Rossi received $2,548,743 for his victory last year.

Scott Dixon’s $3,048,005 in 2008 is highest total for a winner.

Sato.jpg

[/h]

Might seem like alot, :Shrug: but you try going 228mph for 500 miles in somthing that darts around :D Worth every penny, and then some :clapping:

Thats taking 5hrs from NY to Fla !

Might seem like alot, :Shrug: but you try going 228mph for 500 miles in somthing that darts around :D Worth every penny, and then some :clapping:

Thats taking 5hrs from NY to Fla !

I agree, Plus he had to pay for his own fuel....;) Those cars get worst milage than i get with my Bentley...