High beam and auxiliary lamps

ctdair

150+ Posts
May 29, 2016
oberlin
Harley has a plug and play harness for 13 models and older allowing aux. light
operation with high beam on. Has anyone tried this harness on 14 and up? New 2016 and want to have all lights on with high beam ,passing lamps and added fogs.

Harley has a plug and play harness for 13 models and older allowing aux. light
operation with high beam on. Has anyone tried this harness on 14 and up? New 2016 and want to have all lights on with high beam ,passing lamps and added fogs.

I had to have the dealership 'program' my 15 TG to allow the aux lights to burn at the same time as the high beam. Took them about 15 minutes to get it done. Makes a world of difference when riding at night. Oh yeah, forgot to say, they do it for free!

By the way, welcome to Trike Talk!!

I have been told by my local dealer that it is a free flash, but also been told that (in the state of Florida) it is not legal to run the driving lights and the high beams together! Maybe they just did not want to do something for a customer for free! Have not checked with any other dealers in my area.

I have been told by my local dealer that it is a free flash, but also been told that (in the state of Florida) it is not legal to run the driving lights and the high beams together! Maybe they just did not want to do something for a customer for free! Have not checked with any other dealers in my area.

Some states it is illegal. I don't know how I know this, but it's illegal in NJ. It's legal in Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia, which are the states I would normally be riding in. All I had to do was ask my dealership to do it, and they did it promptly.

My '16 came that way.I run all of them all the time.If it's illegal,no one has said anything.Of course I got pulled over one time for riding with a broken leg,2 actually.That was not illegal,he called it in.

Thanks , will ask to have this done at 1k service.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 258
Good Lord!

Some states it is illegal. I don't know how I know this, but it's illegal in NJ. It's legal in Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia, which are the states I would normally be riding in. All I had to do was ask my dealership to do it, and they did it promptly.

Good Lord! Why in Sam Hill would any state make this illegal?
Jeeeeeeeze......

Good Lord! Why in Sam Hill would any state make this illegal?
Jeeeeeeeze......

Because its bad enough that most Yahoos blind you at night with just their brights on...Let alone every light they can hang off their front end..
Its also illegal in NJ to have more than 4 forward projecting lights..
I think of that as an Anti Yahoo law...

Because its bad enough that most Yahoos blind you at night with just their brights on...Let alone every light they can hang off their front end..
Its also illegal in NJ to have more than 4 forward projecting lights..
I think of that as an Anti Yahoo law...
Yeah, but if they are FACTORY fog/aux lights, they aren't set high enough to blind you anyway.

Signed,
Yahoo

My dealer (also in Florida) said it was legal in Florida and they would do it for me the next time I bring it in for service. As for states where it is illegal, they said all you have to do is point out your "state license plate where it's legal" and they've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for that. I'd sure like to believe that, but haven't chanced it yet.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back