Helmets, Helmets, Helmets.....

skuuter

10000+ Posts
The "Boot Thread" reminded me....I bought Mitzie and I 3/4 Coverage Helmets a few weeks ago (after the Maggie Valley RALLY) due to the extremely hot Summer, and like a lota' Other Folks, gotten "slightly" less Safety Equipment Oriented since goin' to Trikes (...not that I'm advocating this by any means).....these represent the first Non-Full Coverage Helmets we've owned in over 6 years. Just curious, what Type Helmet do "YOU" wear...???....we still own Scorpion Full Coverage Helmets, and the New 3/4 ones are Fulmers........"NEXT".....:wtg:

I use a half helmet. I wear hearing aids, and can use them with half hats, but nothing else. I like to hear what's going on around me.

I wear a half in the summer and a HD Jet II 3/4 with shield on long rides or in the cooler months.
HD has a new helmet for the gals called Womans Skyline 3/4. The are a little narrower in the face and are supposed to fit well. Looks like a good Christmas present for my bride.

I don't wear one at all where its legal:cool:

I wear a Nolan N42E with N-Com, year round. I love the fit and the dual flip down clear and tinted shields. The clear shield can be removed if it gets too hot and the tinted 1/2 shield can be used as a sort of "sunglasses" or flipped up into any of several click positions as a visor. It also has N-Com which is wireless bluetooth and built in speaker/mic that connects to my cellphone, all wireless. It has the best chin strap quick-lock in the industry too IMHO. I love the Nolan helmets, this model in particular. They're made in Italy and are of a great quality.

n42encom16.jpg

My helmet of choice is a half hemet (Vegas XT) after wearing a 3/4 open face prior to my stroke which affected the use of my right arm and hand (Oct. '08). A half helmet can be put on with one hand. I suppose a closed face helmet can be as well, but I don't like them for personal reasons. One has to make the various adjustments in life, which applies to why I will become a triker. Now if the new Stallion I ordered would only arrive, so I might get to use it yet this year. I'm not counting on that happenening however, as I live in SD, delivering date is excepted to be sometime in Nov.

HMMMMMM......., I should have checked to see if TMS offered tire chains as one of their options. LOL.... :D

Daydreamer

I tried to post a pic of the new Womans helmet from HD. Says upload failed.

Are we there yet?

Dorag and ear sock head band.

I own a simpson bandit

It is usually in my trunk.

I try not to wear a helmet HATE UM

Full Helmet in the Winter and switch from 3/4 to 1/2 during the summer.

Last count.. hmmmm 12 helmets lol. ::blush:

Y'all Ride Safe.

Tony T of I V E

I tried to post a pic of the new Womans helmet from HD. Says upload failed.

Are we there yet?

Had no problem posting a picture of my Nolan. I download to photobucket, then cut and past the link using the little yellow picture icon thingy. Works fine.

Had no problem posting a picture of my Nolan. I download to photobucket, then cut and past the link using the little yellow picture icon thingy. Works fine.

Yup...I have no trouble posting them that way too. But the paperclip/thumbnail picture attachment doesn't work yet.

I perfer a half helmet, as I like to hear what is going on around me. I normally wear a do-rag under it. I wear a half helmet in all Florida weather conditions.

Here is the New Open Face Helmet we have, with the flip-down Sun Shade...Arthur Fulmer 9B in Flat Black.....

AF9B.jpg

...and here is the Full Face Helmet we already had, Scorpion EXO700 in Neon Yellow.....

scorpion-exo-700-neon.jpg

Both are really Lightweight, very Comfortable Helmets.....:wtg:

I wear a half helmet. I know that it's not the best idea but I really have a lot of other real good safty habits. i DRIVE SPEED LIMITS. I HAVE A HEADLIGHT MODULATOR. I HAVE WIG-WAG TAIL LIGHT.

I wear a half helmet. I know that it's not the best idea but I really have a lot of other real good safty habits. i DRIVE SPEED LIMITS. I HAVE A HEADLIGHT MODULATOR. I HAVE WIG-WAG TAIL LIGHT.

I'm confused Stan..."Speed Limits"....are those the little square signs with very tiny amounts posted on em'.....I have no idea.....:rolleyes:

i've got 3 so far. all HJC a 3/4 the first year I rode, a flip up I wear most of the time & a 1/2 helmet the dealer threw in when I bought the spyder. So far I don't like the 1/2 but I haven't tried it yet with the taller windshield I just installed. I was hoping to use it for in town errands.

I wear a 3/4 helmet and wife wears a half helmet. I have a full faced but
have problems getting it over my eye glasses.

We wear "binnies" half helmets most of the time, 3/4 during cold weather. We moved here from Florida 3 yrs ago and were used to not wearing any. florida passed a no helmet law 8-10 years ago.

Back