Harley 103 motor engineered to self destruct ?

Wow, I didn't know that my TC103 Wet Head had fatal flaws that could kill me? Good thing I have a trike and so the trike will probably not go into a death wobble when my engine grenades and the "250 degree oil spews out and all over my tires". 13.7k miles on my 2016 and it should be good for at least another 400 miles:AGGHH: After that, I think my days are numbered. Or better yet, I think that old geezer who is touting himself as an "expert" days are numbered due to senility:xzqxz:

I had a 2005 CVO Electraglide with a 103 motor. I traded it at 68,000 miles and never had any motor problems. I did replace one stator at 25,000 miles and had a bushing in the transmission backout at 65,000 miles. Other than that I never did anything but routine maintenance and never had any other problems.

Sunman

Somehow,I don't think that Harley dealer knew that little video hit piece was going on. If so,I'm sure they would have thrown that guy out the door. Probably why he was talking so softly,on the video. :laugh:

Somehow,I don't think that Harley dealer knew that little video hit piece was going on. If so,I'm sure they would have thrown that guy out the door. Probably why he was talking so softly,on the video. :laugh:

Thats why most business do not allow cameras/videos in their buildings...

I do not know anyone, who's 103 has failed, and we are all riders, no garage or trailer queens.
Just remember that it is YouTube, narcissism run amuck, most is just junk, put on by someone who wants to see his name on the net. And get some sort of recognition.

Also remember, that YouTube is administered by Google, masters of junk, there is NO control of what is put on there.
Haaa, Just maybe he works for or is a ringer for Polaris, who markets some of Harley's competition......Indian and Victory brands!

I do not know anyone, who's 103 has failed, and we are all riders, no garage or trailer queens.
Just remember that it is YouTube, narcissism run amuck, most is just junk, put on by someone who wants to see his name on the net. And get some sort of recognition.

Also remember, that YouTube is administered by Google, masters of junk, there is NO control of what is put on there.
Haaa, Just maybe he works for or is a ringer for Polaris, who markets some of Harley's competition......Indian and Victory brands!

Now you know someone.

My bone stock 103 failed in the first 10k miles, had to have an entire new top end, under warranty. Subsequent 103's I've owned would have failed also, had I left them in the factory condition.

I've also twisted a crank on a TC 88 at around 50,000 miles. This required a completely new engine, also covered under warranty.

That does not mean every 103 will fail, but I have seen more than a few have major failures due to the TC design.

While the TC definitely has weaknesses, they are not as bad as many make them out to be, but they do exist, and do sometime result in costly failures.

Kevin

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back