Garmin 350 to HD speakers ?

I know it can't be done with the Zumo 595. I have mine set up so I can at least get the verbal directions over a set of earbuds. That's the best I can do.

My old Zumo 660, I could plug in a headset directly from the unit itself. Not so on the 595.

I have ZUMO 590LM and had to do the same thing GARYD did. Was told by the Harley Dealership that tried to hook the 590LM through the speakers; they found out the Boom box requires a proprietary signal that only the ROADTECH provides. I also tried all the crap, that is out there on that net to get around the proprietary signal. Tried to get around it for two months, without results. Just gave up the ghost.

Nuc

I have ZUMO 590LM and had to do the same thing GARYD did. Was told by the Harley Dealership that tried to hook the 590LM through the speakers; they found out the Boom box requires a proprietary signal that only the ROADTECH provides. I also tried all the crap, that is out there on that net to get around the proprietary signal. Tried to get around it for two months, without results. Just gave up the ghost.

Nuc

Sounds like me. LOL

Even tried an Analog to digital patch cord = didn't work

My old Zumo 660 was a H-D Road Tech model and worked perfectly through the speakers. Even had a nice clean fairing mount to boot.

I would have bought the H-D unit (Zumo 590) at the same price as the 595, but you don't get lifetime maps with the Harley unit like I did with the Garmin. Cheap azz Harley!!

Sounds like me. LOL

Even tried an Analog to digital patch cord = didn't work

My old Zumo 660 was a H-D Road Tech model and worked perfectly through the speakers. Even had a nice clean fairing mount to boot.

I would have bought the H-D unit (Zumo 590) at the same price as the 595, but you don't get lifetime maps with the Harley unit like I did with the Garmin. Cheap azz Harley!!

I bought a H-D Road Tech Zumo 590 last fall after quite a bit of research. I wanted the RT version to make sure I could pass the audio prompts through the Boom Box. You can do that by installing the Aux audio cable and having the Boom Box flashed. I did and it worked great. But I think only on the H-D RT version. At least on the older Harmon Kardon radios it was that way. Not positive on the newer Boom Box.

Anyway, I could not find complete info about the LM (lifetime maps) on the H-D RT Zumo 590. But I did call Garmin I think it was or maybe H-D - can't recall. But I can assure you that the H-D RT version of the Zumo 590 DOES have lifetime maps. I have updated mine many times. Doubt they would have changed that since last year but all I can vouch for is the one I have.

I bought a H-D Road Tech Zumo 590 last fall after quite a bit of research. I wanted the RT version to make sure I could pass the audio prompts through the Boom Box. You can do that by installing the Aux audio cable and having the Boom Box flashed. I did and it worked great. But I think only on the H-D RT version. At least on the older Harmon Kardon radios it was that way. Not positive on the newer Boom Box.

Anyway, I could not find complete info about the LM (lifetime maps) on the H-D RT Zumo 590. But I did call Garmin I think it was or maybe H-D - can't recall. But I can assure you that the H-D RT version of the Zumo 590 DOES have lifetime maps. I have updated mine many times. Doubt they would have changed that since last year but all I can vouch for is the one I have.

Glad you cleared that up???? I was told it DOESN'T include free lifetime maps. Doesn't say so on the box.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back