Fork mounted wind deflectors?

I am actually working on how to use either the HD version or after market. Making a set is fairly easy as you seen from the photos posted.
The flrt has fork covers. Problem is the turn signal is in the way and it is curved, no flat surface for strength.
I am trying to see what can be done.
Oh, I am not afraid to cut things up so I can have it my way.

You can see from my pic there is a cutout for the turn signal. The deflector passes the signal from front to back angle causing the cutout. It causes no problem. When I installed on my VTX there was no turn signal issue so I simply made new deflectors using the old mounting hardware.

Well thought out design. ThumbUp You could easily sell them to HD owners. Right now there is very little aftermarket for the Freewheeler.

Give these people a call http://www.jescustomaccents.com/cate...?categoryId=34 I would bet they have a set for the Freewheeler. I have a set on my 2015 TG and they fit perfect and do the job.

Just received a reply back from JES and they said not this year, bummer:(:(.

- - - Updated - - -

I am actually working on how to use either the HD version or after market. Making a set is fairly easy as you seen from the photos posted.

The flrt has fork covers. Problem is the turn signal is in the way and it is curved, no flat surface for strength.

I am trying to see what can be done.

Oh, I am not afraid to cut things up so I can have it my way.

Keep us posted if you come up with something. Would definitely like to put some on mine.

- - - Updated - - -

diy $40.00. Made for my Volusia. Removed and installed on my VTX.

- - - Updated - - -

diy $40.00. Made for my Volusia. Removed and installed on my VTX.

Nice job, had Memphis Shades lowers on my last trike. I'm thinking that the fang style would match the Freewheeler better.

Thanks for sharing.

The way the flrt signals are they are dead in the way. I have found a newer style made by HD that it mounts toward the rear. It's off set. Not sure about the new kuryakyn it mounts behind the turn but not for sure if it is enough. There will be some rally's later on so I will have a look at bikes to see if I can spot one. I can get some measurements then. I am working on a off set for the turn signals to move them forward a shade. Don't have any 1/2 inch aluminum at the present.
I need to go to a big rally for sure. Our main rally was a flop this rear, only about 25% made it from the previous years.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back