Front Fork problems

This is my first trike after 6 Goldwings, so I am still learning.

My front forks seem to be leaking some (have replaced seals twice in two years) and today we discovered that seem to be way down, although my husband says it was about 3 inches they were compressing. I had the extension kit put on just after I got it and it made it steer much easier, my front Avon tire is worn quite a bit (In only 10 K miles), I'm assuming that makes it steer harder as in does on a two wheeler. We had the tire replaced today, hoping for easier steering as I have a trip coming up in a month.

My mechanic is suggesting stiffer fork springs, thinks they might be down too far and when they work are forcing the oil out, he will be taking a look at it next week.

Just wondering what all you long time trikers think?

Hi Sue, :welcome: to Trike Talk and your first post

If your front end is sagging and sitting too low your springs may very well need changing

When you had the seals changed did the bushing also get changed?

When they wear they can cause the seals to leak also

This is my first trike after 6 Goldwings, so I am still learning.

My front forks seem to be leaking some (have replaced seals twice in two years) and today we discovered that seem to be way down, although my husband says it was about 3 inches they were compressing. I had the extension kit put on just after I got it and it made it steer much easier, my front Avon tire is worn quite a bit (In only 10 K miles), I'm assuming that makes it steer harder as in does on a two wheeler. We had the tire replaced today, hoping for easier steering as I have a trip coming up in a month.

My mechanic is suggesting stiffer fork springs, thinks they might be down too far and when they work are forcing the oil out, he will be taking a look at it next week.

Just wondering what all you long time trikers think?

Welcome to Trike Talk’ Sue….👍👍..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNT
Back