DK Customs Intiminator Fork Valves

FirstTrike

50+ Posts
Feb 4, 2021
Newland, NC USA
Anyone have the DK Customs Intiminator Front Fork Valves? I installed the rear 14" Nexgen shocks with lift and really like them. The wife says it is a much better ride. After installing the rear shocks the front feels a little loose now. Dwayne at DK's suggested adding the intiminator valves to the front. I just wanted to see if anyone has these and what you think about them.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Anyone have the DK Customs Intiminator Front Fork Valves? I installed the rear 14" Nexgen shocks with lift and really like them. The wife says it is a much better ride. After installing the rear shocks the front feels a little loose now. Dwayne at DK's suggested adding the intiminator valves to the front. I just wanted to see if anyone has these and what you think about them.

No but a lot of folks on the HDForums have on 2 wheelers. Decent reviews

Good to hear that you wife is enjoying the improved ride with the NexGen Shocks. :clapping:

If you go to this LINK and click on the Reviews tab, you can see what folks have said that have installed them.

btw, I am running them on my personal TG and am very happy with the improvement.

Kevin

Good to hear that you wife is enjoying the improved ride with the NexGen Shocks. :clapping:

If you go to this LINK and click on the Reviews tab, you can see what folks have said that have installed them.

btw, I am running them on my personal TG and am very happy with the improvement.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I have Papa Zook's rake kit on the front also, which really helped a lot in the turns, but after installing the 14" Nexgen shocks and lift the front feels a little loose in the turns. Was hoping the Intiminator valves would help with this. Thanks for your input.

Bo

Thanks Kevin,

I have Papa Zook's rake kit on the front also, which really helped a lot in the turns, but after installing the 14" Nexgen shocks and lift the front feels a little loose in the turns. Was hoping the Intiminator valves would help with this. Thanks for your input.

Bo

I don't know what you mean by the front feeling a little loose in the turns...so I cannot say if the Intiminators will fix that loose feeling.

Is it that the wheel is sliding across the road surface in the curve?

Or is it a shimmying (oscillation) feeling in the bars, sort of a "safe" version on a death wobble?

I don't believe any suspension change will fix either of those.

But if it is a matter of the the tire not staying in constant contact with the road surface, as described toward the bottom of the page of this REPORT LINK, then an upgrade in front suspension, like the Intiminators, will definitely improve compliance.

Kevin

I don't know what you mean by the front feeling a little loose in the turns...so I cannot say if the Intiminators will fix that loose feeling.

Is it that the wheel is sliding across the road surface in the curve?

Or is it a shimmying (oscillation) feeling in the bars, sort of a "safe" version on a death wobble?

I don't believe any suspension change will fix either of those.

But if it is a matter of the the tire not staying in constant contact with the road surface, as described toward the bottom of the page of this REPORT LINK, then an upgrade in front suspension, like the Intiminators, will definitely improve compliance.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin for reply,

The front tire is pretty well gone, so I am going to try a new front tire and see if that helps any.

Rear tyre on the front of a Trike.

Yeah, sounds like you need it anyway, so that would be a first good step.

Here is a video of what I am running on mine.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, just watched your video on fitting a reversed rear tyre on the front of a Trike. One thought I would like to ask please - Do you “worry” that, in the event of an accident, your insurance would be invalid as you have a rear tyre on the front? I am based in the UK and would be concerned this might be an issue.

Bob

Hi Kevin, just watched your video on fitting a reversed rear tyre on the front of a Trike. One thought I would like to ask please - Do you “worry” that, in the event of an accident, your insurance would be invalid as you have a rear tyre on the front? I am based in the UK and would be concerned this might be an issue.

Bob

I do not worry about that here. Not at all sure how the regs are in the UK. If you can get the AVON front trike tire, that would alleviate any concern.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back