Didn't Bite On CVO Trike

If you'll indulge a grumpy old man here. (still a couple years away from retirement so I get to see day to day stuff at work). Younger generation doesn't want to ride the way we did when we were younger. Kids today don't even want to drive cars, let alone bikes because if they're driving, they can't be texting their friends, on social media or playing video games on their phone. It is ALL ABOUT THE PHONE with the younger generation. The kids nowadays would rather take an Uber so they can be on their phone, they don't want to be mechanics because they can't be on their phone and if they could avoid work altogether so they could be on their phone, they would. I think that's why the political candidates that want to give away everything for free appeal to kids, so they can stay on their phones. The old school of going from a mini bike to a dirt bike to a street bike to maybe a touring bike is long gone and I think eventually the motorcycle lifestyle will be a sad memory. I think Harley is leading the decline and the other mfg's will follow.

I pray you are wrong about the youth today it goes much deeper than the phone they are led into a life style much different than what we grew up with and who is at fault if there is any? Fred

:laugh: Glad you escaped with your bank account intact.

Rather than a CVO, I would rather buy a basic unit and mod it to my needs & desires.

Yep, no doubt they are in trouble...and they know it. Lots of new models coming out to appeal to their "non-base" as they try and build a new base.

Regarding clothing and bling...I know of several dealership (which are in business to make $) that make far more profit off their clothing than they do from bike or part sales.

Kevin

And therein lies the problem imho. I don't need the Mo-CO. In retrospect, I should have bought the non tour pack Goldwing. Triked it and called it a day.

And therein lies the problem imho. I don't need the Mo-CO. In retrospect, I should have bought the non tour pack Goldwing. Triked it and called it a day.

My Old Man would always say to me, When ever i said i should have done this and not that..

Son ' He always called me Son..........

;Son!' If the Dog didn't stop to take a pee he would have caught the cat.......:D...

To those who have purchased a CVO trike congrats and hope you get thousands of miles of fun.But for me its a no go,for 20-25 k difference for my 17 i can do a ton of upgrades that will make my 17 run circles around the 117 plus a ton of bling.

I agree 101%. I've looked at a lot of the CVO bikes. They have ALL the extras for sure. But some of that stuff I wouldn't want. It would be a shame to pay for the CVO model then take stuff off to customize it. To each his own for sure, but if I was into customizing I'd get the cheapest one I could get then upgrade it the way I want it. Mine is an '18 in vivid black. I'm slowly upgrading it to what I want it to be and It isn't taking much. And when did they introduce a white CVO trike? It's not on the web page, but someone posted a video of one. Is that a Canadian model?

The last time I was at my dealer(a couple weeks ago), they had a white CVO trike on the showroom floor. Just under $52K ($51,999). Something like a $7,000 dealer markup.

They have a white one at my local dealer, have not been in to look, not sure if I can even afford to look, thought my 2018 was way too much, can’t imagine paying over 50,000.

I agree 101%. I've looked at a lot of the CVO bikes. They have ALL the extras for sure. But some of that stuff I wouldn't want. It would be a shame to pay for the CVO model then take stuff off to customize it. To each his own for sure, but if I was into customizing I'd get the cheapest one I could get then upgrade it the way I want it. Mine is an '18 in vivid black. I'm slowly upgrading it to what I want it to be and It isn't taking much. And when did they introduce a white CVO trike? It's not on the web page, but someone posted a video of one. Is that a Canadian model?

I think they are producing a restricted number of CVO trikes this year, some are white with gray/black trim and some are black with white/gray trim. These are the only two colors for CVO trikes that I know of for 2020 being made.

I agree about paying a ton of money for all those extras. I wouldn't mind seeing the CVO split into two models for the trike. Maybe a CVO trike that just has the 117 motor without all the options, then a CVO Unlimited model that has the 117 plus all the stuff.

Well I was at the dealer yesterday, as I said in my other post I hadn't seen a 2020 trike or a CVO, can't say that now, they had a CVO in white all roped off because that is what the owner of CVO said he wanted to display until spring, not bad looking, for me there is quite a bit of things I would never put on my trike, so me I would if I was interested I would buy a regular 2020 and then put what I wanted on it and be way cheaper and the salesman with me agreed, he sure was pushy trying to me into the 2020 and I told him I had a 2018, he said trade it in even on a 2019, I looked at him and told I would lose my a-- if I traded, you would not give me what it is worth and I know it and you know it, he was still pushing, I finally left, sales must be down and I believe they are. He tried to give me his card and I refused, this dealer is pretty good but maybe the owners have said do what you have to get a sale, don't know for sure but it getting toward the end of year.

I'm happy so far with my 2018 and I have it decked the way I want, still have a few things to put on sitting in the garage that will get put on this spring, to cold right now and it is up on the jack and covered until spring.

All for now Trampas

sales must be down and I believe they are. He tried to give me his card and I refused, this dealer is pretty good but maybe the owners have said do what you have to get a sale, don't know for sure but it getting toward the end of year.

All for now Trampas

I suspect sales could be down for Harley nationwide this year. The kid-salesman that I had the conversation with wasn't as pushy as it sounds like your guy was, but he certainly wanted to fire off some trade numbers.

What he did bring up that always makes me a little pissed is their standard question "how much do you still owe on your XXX bike". I am sure they have them trained to do this so that when they give you that trade number they can start by saying "your payment will only go up $75 a month". I usually tell them the bike is paid off (no matter if it actually is or not) just to get them off the whole payment discussion. It will slow-their-roll a little.

CVO

My friend in Boston was telling me the dealer there was putting together a CVO tri glide. I went to Rock star in fort myers and they had the black one. When my friend came down we went to Rock Star the black was gone, and the white one was there.

My friend showed me a picture or a 2018 CVO road glide converted with a independent suspension kit and manual reverse for 30 grand or best offer. I'd go there first. I have a 2014 tri glide with manual reverse, rekluse clutch, and a lift kit. tons of chrome I got it last year 14,000 miles and a years warranty for $23,000. I'd buy the Vette.

cvo trike

well fellas ive been riding for 40 years mostly Harleys I too looked @ cvo trike in white but last year I purchased my 2nd trike . 2018 115th anniversary trike which by no means was it cheap but if we think about it the cvo trike isn't that bad for what you get .so with that said sit back and think what you invested into your current trikes I know me personally $3k in rims and tires , $1k in rear shocks lift kit,$2k in exhaust power adders air filter & tune ....... ,tour pack relocation kits ,arm rest, cup holders , different foot boards ,grips etc... im pretty sure most of us have way more into our trikes then a $50k cvo trike problem with this is there is no resale value you get nothing back in trade ins towards that $50k cvo trike you would have to find someone who is in love with that type of trike as we where if not we lose

well fellas ive been riding for 40 years mostly Harleys I too looked @ cvo trike in white but last year I purchased my 2nd trike . 2018 115th anniversary trike which by no means was it cheap but if we think about it the cvo trike isn't that bad for what you get .so with that said sit back and think what you invested into your current trikes I know me personally $3k in rims and tires , $1k in rear shocks lift kit,$2k in exhaust power adders air filter & tune ....... ,tour pack relocation kits ,arm rest, cup holders , different foot boards ,grips etc... im pretty sure most of us have way more into our trikes then a $50k cvo trike problem with this is there is no resale value you get nothing back in trade ins towards that $50k cvo trike you would have to find someone who is in love with that type of trike as we where if not we lose

Lots of good points. CVO's do hold their price.

When you put it like that miano it makes a little more sense, every thing is all done at once, but part of the fun in buying a harley is being able to fix it up how you want a little at a time, but I can see it both ways. Have you got a picture of yours would love to see what you have done.

That’s ok miano, was going to put a picture of my 115th anniversary Tri glide and I can’t do it either, and I’ve posted pictures before..lol

Attachments

• 683B17A5-E0E3-44D3-8905-8E6BDF1EAAF5.jpeg
    683B17A5-E0E3-44D3-8905-8E6BDF1EAAF5.jpeg
    906.8 KB · Views: 193
If you'll indulge a grumpy old man here. (still a couple years away from retirement so I get to see day to day stuff at work). Younger generation doesn't want to ride the way we did when we were younger. Kids today don't even want to drive cars, let alone bikes because if they're driving, they can't be texting their friends, on social media or playing video games on their phone. It is ALL ABOUT THE PHONE with the younger generation. The kids nowadays would rather take an Uber so they can be on their phone, they don't want to be mechanics because they can't be on their phone and if they could avoid work altogether so they could be on their phone, they would. I think that's why the political candidates that want to give away everything for free appeal to kids, so they can stay on their phones. The old school of going from a mini bike to a dirt bike to a street bike to maybe a touring bike is long gone and I think eventually the motorcycle lifestyle will be a sad memory. I think Harley is leading the decline and the other mfg's will follow.

The younger kids need to stay taking Uber. The way they drive we do not need them driving on the roads.

I am one of them that bought the new CVO TG. I love the bike.

A lot of members keep saying they would buy a Corvette over a CVO TG. I have bought both the CVO TG 50K and the 2019 Corvette 85K. After 7 months of getting screwed around on a paint job issue with the Corvette GM was finally forced to take the Corvette back. i will try to attach pictures of both. GM's answer to the paint issue was to repaint my brand new Corvette. What a mess that became. I ended up with a 900 mile Corvette that looked like it was painted with a spray can. I would go with the CVO TG.

Attachments

• file5[399] (2).jpg
    file5[399] (2).jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4193[404]ssm.jpg
    IMG_4193[404]ssm.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 178

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back