Anyone else?

O....sorry.

Did not intend to mis-lead.

The color is a page or so back.

15164935299130.jpg

This is building the base for the color.

Looks "bright" like it should with all of that flake.:clapping:

How is the surface texture with the added flake? In my mind I envision a bumpy surface due to flake buildup, but I've never done a true flake paintjob.

Perhaps after the red is on, the final clear coats "smooth" everything back out, or does it need to be sanded, buffed, sanded, etc. to get it looking right?

Yes....lots and lots of sanding.

The flake is buried in clear.

Next is sanding smooth. It is bumpy like you say.

The red is just a tint in clear. And then a lot of clear on top of that. Then sanded smooth again. Then clear again. Then sanded smooth again. Then buffed.

It is hard to get a pic that shows the sparkle effect.

But it is bright.

The tank and front fender all blocked down flat and 3 more coats of clear.

15180547234730.jpg

15180547465412.jpg

Next is the rear fenders. I going to need a day off work to do those. A lot of sanding.

Blocking down the fenders now. Put an hour in it this eve making all that clear over the flake smooth again.

The front fender and tank are reasonably smooth now and just need the very fine sanding to prep for color.

15181411088060.jpg

15181411285621.jpg

Then started playing with the red coloring.

Did a couple test panels and things seemed ok.

The front fender is the only piece all the way ready and prepped. So it got the red and clear on it.

15182888045071.jpg

15182888108082.jpg

15182888540904.jpg

It is really hard to picture just how sparkely this is.

But it is purdy fur out there. Pretty much full bass boat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back