2016 Tri glide handlebars

I bought the pull back bars from HD and also needed a new speaker switch and since the installation video recommended replacing the silicone risers I also got a set of those. The indy I called quoted me a price of $350 to install that which seems a little high to me. Didn't a lot of you get the bars installed for $150? That leaves $200 to install each of the other two components. I'm wondering if he looked up installing them individually rather than while he had everything else while he was right there to install the handle bars? I want to clear this up before I call the guy back and question him. TIA.

PC

Think my bars were $150.....almost $1K total for bars, labor, shorter clutch cable and iso grips!

Call him before he changes his mind

That's a great price and give him a $50 for a tip when you pick it up. Providing he knows what he is doing! :Shrug: ride safely fearless

I bought the pull back bars from HD and also needed a new speaker switch and since the installation video recommended replacing the silicone risers I also got a set of those. The indy I called quoted me a price of $350 to install that which seems a little high to me. Didn't a lot of you get the bars installed for $150? That leaves $200 to install each of the other two components. I'm wondering if he looked up installing them individually rather than while he had everything else while he was right there to install the handle bars? I want to clear this up before I call the guy back and question him. TIA.

PC

That's a great price and give him a $50 for a tip when you pick it up. Providing he knows what he is doing! :Shrug: ride safely fearless

I agree, that's a great price. I got two quotes of $1000-1100, one from the dealer and one from an independent. I did them myself this past weekend and it was tougher than I expected. It took about four hours for me and a friend to get it completed. Had a very difficult time getting the connector plugs threaded through the bars, that probably took at least half of the time I spent doing it. The video was a great help in getting it done.

The exact reason I let my dealer do mine. Those micro connectors and my arthritis don't mesh very good. Also, with my tri being brand new, everything was/is covered by the factory warranty

Every thing fits perfect , but i'll tell you if it were an inch longer i would have been in trouble lol , ohhhhhh another important thing , the TBW plug on the Tri Glide didn't have to be torn apart it went right through the bars without taking all the wire loose from the plug.

Waldo1

Just came across this thread, I'm thinking of changing out my handle bars on my 2016 Tri Glide. I see you installed Khrome Werks 2+2 sweepers, I'm going with Khrome Werks 12" Bobber Bagger Apes. I'm not sure of the rise of your sweepers, but the rise on my bagger apes is 11.6 inches.

You mentioned that you didn't need any wire extensions, clutch or brake line extensions? Did you change the throttle grip or replace the bushings? If you did I may of over looked that.

After reading your post and looking at the photos you took, I'm going to give the handle bar a change as the dealer quoted me $800 for parts and labor.

Thanks

6bull (aka Jim)

Not Waldo but

Waldo1

Just came across this thread, I'm thinking of changing out my handle bars on my 2016 Tri Glide. I see you installed Khrome Werks 2+2 sweepers, I'm going with Khrome Werks 12" Bobber Bagger Apes. I'm not sure of the rise of your sweepers, but the rise on my bagger apes is 11.6 inches.

You mentioned that you didn't need any wire extensions, clutch or brake line extensions? Did you change the throttle grip or replace the bushings? If you did I may of over looked that.

After reading your post and looking at the photos you took, I'm going to give the handle bar a change as the dealer quoted me $800 for parts and labor.

Thanks

6bull (aka Jim)
I installed the 2+2 Narrow Sweepers and I definitely needed the wire extensions. The throttle cable and clutch cable were not an issue but the wiring definitely was. I would suggest you pick up a set of wire extensions and return them if they are not needed in your application (just for the peace of mind). I had to stop in the middle of my install and run to the dealer to get a set. They were thirty dollars for both sides and the dealer had them in stock.

I installed the 2+2 Narrow Sweepers and I definitely needed the wire extensions. The throttle cable and clutch cable were not an issue but the wiring definitely was. I would suggest you pick up a set of wire extensions and return them if they are not needed in your application (just for the peace of mind). I had to stop in the middle of my install and run to the dealer to get a set. They were thirty dollars for both sides and the dealer had them in stock.
I installed the 2+2 Wide Sweepers on mine. I could have made it without the extensions but it would have been a lot harder. You can get a set from Surdyke or Boardtracker for about $25. If I had to do it again, I'd still use the extensions

I did it with out any extensions, and i did change the bushings from the rubber ones to polyurethane ones , i did it i would say go far it, i love it now so relaxed when riding

Just a shout out to Waldo1 and others who replied. After reading this thread and asking questions, I changed out my stock handlebars with Khrome Werks 1x12 ape hangers #300201. It's a very simple job, just take your time, watch a couple of youtube videos and it helps to have a manual.

Not trying to steal this thread, just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread.

handlebars1.jpghandlebars2.jpg

Nice work on the apes

Those Apes look really good nice work should really make a difference riding keep us posted on result. :good: ride safely Fred

Looks awsome , i never worked on a bike before that was my first, like all here ask and look and you will have the satisfaction on you did it and most of all ya still have ya cash in pocket for other things .:Coffee:

Added Comfort

I just changed to LA choppers 12" Twin Peaks 1-1/4" Bars. They are a perfect fit as they added about 4" to height from stock. I am 5'10". Changed to Alloy Art HD-2 urethane bushings, (you will need to replace bolts with 1/2-20 x 2-1/4 Lg grade-5) and I chose to leave the wire harness intact and used Namz #486359, 8" wire extensions. These are plug and play so no splicing needed. Only frustration was pulling wires through handlebars. One of the U-Tube videos showed the guy using weed eater chord and this worked like a charm. You can push the chord through without weights. I found it easier to place the Throttle-By-Wire through first and leave it out about 6 inches then pull the switch wire through as it is more flexible. Used petroleum jelly (Vaseline) coating to help. Very happy with the quality of each of these components.100_2302.JPG100_2298.JPG

thanks for the reply , im 5'10" and not a small fella , i have 550 miles on it so far but find that i make excuses not to ride as much cause i know ill be kinda miserable but im gonna give it a chance , i did read and please tell me if im wrong where when im in a cure not to let up but rather throttle up some is this correct????

One thing that will help in curves,for example if going into a right hand curve press down on the left floor board and right board if going left.This will help with the sensation of falling off.Lock your elbow and push with your upper body.It took me over 2000 miles to get used to the trike,but now its great,I find I can ride more miles per day than I could on my two wheeler's.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kritnerjg
Back