2016 Harley Tri Glide Lift Kit

Want to install a trike lift kit. I was looking at some videos and I had some questions. Where should I place the jack for the rear pulley housing (Could I place it between the 2 jack stands or come in from the right side of the bike. Would this be a good time to rotate the 2 rear tires? I read an article which said you can do one tire at a time. If you have an thoughts or comments on this post please join in. Greatly appreciate any experience you may have had.

Want to install a trike lift kit. I was looking at some videos and I had some questions. Where should I place the jack for the rear pulley housing (Could I place it between the 2 jack stands or come in from the right side of the bike. Would this be a good time to rotate the 2 rear tires? I read an article which said you can do one tire at a time. If you have an thoughts or comments on this post please join in. Greatly appreciate any experience you may have had.

Joe…Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍…

Joe…Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍…

It’s been a while since I did a lift kit…..(2011).. but what I do remember is that I did one side at a time….And removing the bolts was a struggle Harley used a heavy dose of loctite..As for rotating the tires you don’t have to it’s not like a four wheel vehicle where you can go back to front…switching from one side to the other doesn’t make a difference..I jacked up one side and put a jack stand on it…Also make sure you use a wheel chock for the front tire…

Welcome to TrikeTalk. Those videos from DK are very good. Watch them again. Both sides should be done together. The jack goes in from the rear after your trike is supported on stands. Leave a gap under housing. Don’t skip any steps. It’s easy if you follow the video.

It’s been a while since I did a lift kit…..(2011).. but what I do remember is that I did one side at a time….And removing the bolts was a struggle Harley used a heavy dose of loctite..As for rotating the tires you don’t have to it’s not like a four wheel vehicle where you can go back to front…switching from one side to the other doesn’t make a difference..I jacked up one side and put a jack stand on it…Also make sure you use a wheel chock for the front tire…

Rather than a wheel chock I wrap a velcro strap around the front brake lever so the trike cannot move forward. I have a Race Deck floor in my garage and I am concerned a chock could move. Using the strap to apply the front brake insures that it won't.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back