Review of Harley's 2016 Parts & Accessories for FreeWheeler

Guys,

Regardless of Ms. K's butt or third part vendors or what Harley's contracted vendors "could" do. Harley itself is sending a very "familiar" signal.....

But, if the manufacturer can't see fit to "step-up" then I won't either......this is an old game that I have grown tired of....

Springman

This gives guys a chance to do custom work on there trike. The Free begs for customation. I am in the process of fiberglassing the seat pan to put a police seat on it with springs. Almost done will post pictures as soon as I get it to a primer state.I have put a lot of mods on it and I just keep thinking of things to do to it.:GL1800:

This gives guys a chance to do custom work on there trike. The Free begs for customation. I am in the process of fiberglassing the seat pan to put a police seat on it with springs. Almost done will post pictures as soon as I get it to a primer state.I have put a lot of mods on it and I just keep thinking of things to do to it.:GL1800:

This sounds interesting........

Springman

Until Mustang, or other seat makers see a lot of Harley Freewheelers, or other Harley bikes that use the same seat they probably won't bother to make one.

Mustang does. I just got mine for our FW last week right before the Texas Hill Country Trip. So far I have about 650 miles on it and it is a big improvement over the Sundowner Seat. Mustang was 2 weeks late on shipping but then they sent it 3rd day UPS at no charge. They told me they had received so many orders for the FW seat that they were caught by surprise and were running behind. J & P Cycles had the FW Mustang seat listed on their website but then had all models except the extended reach one listed as unavailable.

Sunman

update on police seat

I am still working on this I took several 150 mile trips with the police seat just sitting on the frame and it was remarkable how the ride improved over the Sundowner seat. If I can get the pictures uploded I will add them. cant seem to get them uploaded

I am still working on this I took several 150 mile trips with the police seat just sitting on the frame and it was remarkable how the ride improved over the Sundowner seat. If I can get the pictures uploded I will add them. cant seem to get them uploaded

Spinner,

I like the idea; but, I foresee some issues:

1.) with the loss of the passenger seat comes the issue of removing and plugging the holes for the back rest and passenger side handles. How are you addressing that?

2.) with the loss of the passenger seat comes the possible loss of storage. I have a soft sided HD bag with a pocket that slips over the passenger back rest and sets on the passenger seat - and, when used for long trips stores just about as much as the Freewheeler trunk. As well as doubling as a driver back rest. Now, while this is not something that comes into consideration all the time, it is something that I would want to consider for long trips. I guess what I am saying here is that I would want something that could easily allow the Freewheeler to be changed back to stock at anytime.

If you can address the two above concerns, I think you would have an excellent product/accessory.

Springman

Police seat

I have thought about this also. I have a bag that fits over the sissy bar and that is not affected. I am working on fiberglassing the seat pan and the hole left when the the stock seat is removed. I have some pictures of what I have done so far but am having a hard time getting them uploaded. If you are interested I could email them to you. Just pm me

I have thought about this also. I have a bag that fits over the sissy bar and that is not affected. I am working on fiberglassing the seat pan and the hole left when the the stock seat is removed. I have some pictures of what I have done so far but am having a hard time getting them uploaded. If you are interested I could email them to you. Just pm me

OK, sent you a PM with my addy.

Springman

police seat

I finished my 3rd attemp at a seat pan that will work on the Free and the police seat.I still need to work on a nicer design but Lone Star is here and no time. I am going down Saturday and will test the new springs. If you are intrested pm me and I will send pictures.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back