2015 tri glide gearing vs. 2014 ultra limited

Jun 27, 2015
kitchener
I notice the gearing for the trike is different then my Ultra Limited. I don't understand gearing so can someone tell me what the differences mean? Does the trike run higher RPMs for the same speed?

I notice the gearing for the trike is different then my Ultra Limited. I don't understand gearing so can someone tell me what the differences mean? Does the trike run higher RPMs for the same speed?

Yes, the Freewheeler and the post '10 Tri-Glide's run higher RPM's for the same speed than the other 6 speed Touring models.

The reason for this is that they have a bit more weight, so HD geared them lower to have a bit more "felt" power in each gear, whether starting out from a stop, or cruising in any other gear.

Kevin

It's not transmission gearing that is different. It's the final drive ratio done with the belt pulleys front and rear.

The new Triglides now have a 30 tooth front pulley and a 70 tooth rear pulley.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back