2015 Roads Trips

Oct 10, 2013
Harrison,Ohio
Wheres everyone going this upcoming riding season? My initial plans from SW Ohio to Front Royal,Va, get on Skyline Dr, To Blue Ridge Pkwy. Take that south jump off to Hot Springs,NC, take the (rattlesnake) 209, to Moonshiner (28).To Highlands,NC..From there to Suches,Ga.. Then back home, Will be taking the trailer along on this one for some tent camping.. Of course this is always subject to change. Generally pick 3 routes in different regions.. Because mother nature always throws a wrench into things come trip time..Ride Safe..

Triking to Florida in four weeks. Actual start date will be determined by weather. Meeting other bikers in Florida. Going to Daytona Beach, Cape Canaveral launch, inland ride to Marathon in the Florida Keys, ferry tour out of Key West to Dry Tortugas National Park, Islamorada fishing, pontoon boat tour, etc. Excited!

We are looking at doing 3 rides this year.
1: Charlotte, NC to Cherokee, NC then up the BRP and Skyline Drive on the Gettysburg, PA and then back down thru DC and Richmond, VA.
2: Charlotte to Key West, FL down the east cost of FL and back coming up the west coast.
3: Yellowstone National Park or Nova Scotia in the Fall.
As always subject to weather and work but I'm doing more riding this year than last for sure.:)

A lot of day rides planned for the summer, with the Widow's Sons Masonic Riding group, the Jericho Shriner's Motor Patrol riding group (I'm the ride coordinator for those). The wife and I are planning a trip to Pennsylvania, Gettysburg, York, Hershey, Lancaster area. I'm sure some others will come up, just have to fit them into our schedule. It is not easy being retired:clapping:

Planning western trip this summer. Going to hit at least eleven states. Will take us about four weeks but we plan on taking our time and seeing most of the sights along the way.

Wife says we're going to see the Alamo in June. So it looks like Arkansas, Texas and I gotta go see me some aliens in Roswell, New Mexico too. We learned a while back to just have the main stops planned and wing it (pun intended) in between. For the most part it works out real well.

We are doing our usual trip to the Black Hills in June with some from our local HOG chapter. This will be the 8th year the chapter has done this trip and we call it the "Needles Run". We usually have 25 to 30 bikes in the three day trip but the wife and I usually have two or three bikes with us going out a day earlier. In July a small group of us (4 or 5 bikes it looks like so far) are going from ND to Niagara Falls. Route is still in the planning stage but may include going over to Duluth, MN and across the UP and down thru Mackinac. May also include the ferry ride across Lake Michigan either on the way out or back. A lot of planning still to do. Wife and I will also do our usual ride from ND out to Nampa, ID. We usually go out the end of May or at the end of August or sometimes both times on the trike. Sometimes we just take our SUV on one of those trips.

2011 Merlot and Black TG

Other than day trips/weekend trips. we plan to get to Minnesota a few times when the weather breaks, hopefully some on the trike. Our big trip this year will most likely be the trip to Maggie Valley in September. Wish we could do more extended trips, but that "W" word keeps gettin in the way, at least for the nest 3 to 5 years.

Charlotte to Arkansas, Branson, through Sikeston Mo for Lamberts "Home of the Throwed Rolls" to Nashville Opryland Hotel to back Home

Outer Banks NC

Maybe Key West

Maybe Gettysburg

Lots of Weekenders

Business Trip during Maggie Valley though dammit

Hope to ride to Alaska again. Can't seem to shake that urge. Would be ride number 4 to that fine state ! As wife and I celebrate our 50th anniversary in July it feels like another long ride might be the thing to do. Difficult to think about that right now because we are in southern Costa Rica and I'm going to crack open another cold one!!

Heading up to Washington state this summer. This has been on the Sweetie's bucket list for a long time. No time limit, we will come back to NM when we get tired of running around. Jim

Triking to Florida in four weeks. Actual start date will be determined by weather. Meeting other bikers in Florida. Going to Daytona Beach, Cape Canaveral launch, inland ride to Marathon in the Florida Keys, ferry tour out of Key West to Dry Tortugas National Park, Islamorada fishing, pontoon boat tour, etc. Excited!

Dang Leo, don't you go having to much fun now.

Might be a Lake Havasue (-5sp) trip this spring ... we do a in and out burger run each year (we don't have one locally). In the fall we go to Mt. Pieller, Id. for our Bible Study/Memorial Ride. Very little town, but the riding in the area is gorgeous.

Normally, in January every year, Mary and I sit down and plan out the rallies and trips we're going to take.

Still have not done that.

We know we want to visit family in San Diego, San Jose, Meridian, & Missoula. Plus want to explore B.C. some more.

Got a bunch of rallies we want to go to.

Need to sit down and make some plans...even though ice is everywhere right now, spring is not too far off! :)

Kevin

Early August - Northern Idaho to Glacier to Cody & the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway to Yellowstone to Orofino, ID, then back to Western Oregon. About 3300 miles all together.

Make a point to hit the Beartooth Highway while you're there. Best I've ever ridden.

What he said.The Chief Joseph ends at the entrance to Beartooth just turn right and go up.If you have time turn around in Red Lodge and go back the other way then on to Yellowstone. If not stay overnight in Redlodge and hit it the next morning. We stayed at Yodeler Motel Yodeler Motel 601 S. Broadway 1-866-446-1435 $89.00
This what we paid last year in July just after the 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

Rides this summer

end of April 1st of May, 8 days to Big Bend and Carlsbad by way of 191 south then east thru NM
1st week in June Western Trike Talk Rolling Rally ( you are going right?)
1st week in Aug camping in Sturgis for the 75th
All the kids come back to the college in Sept so other then day rides that's probably it. Hope I can actually do all of those.

Many week end trips, several trips to my place in south central Pa. We will spend a week in Sturgis for the 75th anniversary. Then another week riding the great roads in Colorado. That's what is planned so far. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back