Trading in my 2015 Freewheeler for a road Glide 3

belldan69

5+ Posts
Aug 6, 2023
Berlin CT. USA
Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and would like to introduce myself. I'm 73 yrs. old and I've had two knee replacements in 2013 which pretty much ended my riding after 43 years ( I couldn't backup my road glide on an incline to park it) so I thought that was it. This one Saturday in the

Hartford Courant they featured the newly released 2015 Freewheeler. I went to the dealers the following week and there it was, in Briliant

Blue, ( my favorite color) . I took it out for a test ride in March and loved it. I traded my Road Glide in and after some custom work at the dealers, I rode it home. That was to be my last trike at 73 now, how much farther could I ride,or so I thought.

When they introduced the 2023 Road Glide 3 with the 114 engine I had to have it (in bright billiard blue). It'll be here in two weeks and I'm looking forward to it. My wife loves to ride with me so the extra torque and horse power is what I'm looking for.

My Mantra in life at this age is "If Not Now, When". I put my kids thru collage and helped with their homes, now it's my turn (I'll be damn'ed if I'm gonna leave my money to my wife's next boyfriend). I have a question for you guys, I had Vance & Hines twin slash mufflers on my Freewheeler and liked the sound and performance.

my buddies are telling me to go with Rineharts this time, I want to do my custom work before I take it out from the dealers. They say it's a better performing muffler. Any advice from anyone? I love trikes and wouldn't go back. My favorite saying when people ask how I like it is: When four wheels are to many, and two wheels are to few"

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and would like to introduce myself. I'm 73 yrs. old and I've had two knee replacements in 2013 which pretty much ended my riding after 43 years ( I couldn't backup my road glide on an incline to park it) so I thought that was it. This one Saturday in the

Hartford Courant they featured the newly released 2015 Freewheeler. I went to the dealers the following week and there it was, in Briliant

Blue, ( my favorite color) . I took it out for a test ride in March and loved it. I traded my Road Glide in and after some custom work at the dealers, I rode it home. That was to be my last trike at 73 now, how much farther could I ride,or so I thought.

When they introduced the 2023 Road Glide 3 with the 114 engine I had to have it (in bright billiard blue). It'll be here in two weeks and I'm looking forward to it. My wife loves to ride with me so the extra torque and horse power is what I'm looking for. My Mantra in life at this age is "If Not Now, When". I put my kids thru collage and helped with their homes, now it's my turn (I'll be damn'ed if I'm gonna leave my money to my wife's next boyfriend). I have a question for you guys, I had Vance & Hines twin slash mufflers on my Freewheeler and liked the sound and performance. my buddies are telling me to go with Rineharts this time, I want to do my custom work before I take it out from the dealers. They say it's a better performing muffler. Any advice from anyone? I love trikes and wouldn't go back. My favorite saying when people ask how I like it is: When four wheels are to many, and two wheels are to few"

Dan..Welcome to Trike Talk….👍👍…If your buddies are going to pay for the Rineharts then go with them…..Other wise ask your dealer what they think….

Just an after thought after my Freewheeler post

Words I live by,

"I refuse to tiptoe thru life only to arrive at death's door knowing I haven't lived".

I'm 73 years old and I have a favorite mantra I tell my friends and family: "If not now,When?"

Re mufflers

Congrats on the new trike, I’m 79 and just recently traded in my 2010 trike for a new one with the 114, had the Stage 2 installed with Screamin Eagle parts & mufflers , LOVE the upgrade ( it sure woke it up), mufflers are a tad louder but juty still out on the sound.

Overall very happy witj the 2023 trike……ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

P.S. Had 112 mi on the OLD trike-loved it!

:Coffee:

Last edited:
Correctio o prior post

Congrats on the new trike, I’m 79 and just recently traded in my 2010 trike for a new one with the 114, had the Stage 2 installed with Screamin Eagle parts & mufflers , LOVE the upgrade ( it sure woke it up), mufflers are a tad louder but juty still out on the sound.

Overall very happy witj the 2023 trike……ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

P.S. Had 112 mi on the OLD trike-loved it!

:Coffee:

Make that read JURY vice JUTY AND thats 112 thou miles on my trade in.

2023 Road Glide 3

I traded in my 2015 Freewheeler for a 2023 Road Glide 3 and boy what a difference! The M8 114 engine is a beast and yet that wasn't enough for me. I just had the dealer

do a Screamin Eagle Stage 2 in it and that woke up the M8 engine. The low end tractor like torque is impressive and they installed the pro street fuel pack too. Of course being a trike, they couldn't dyno tune it, but they could take it out on the street and dial it in with a cell phone app. To me "the juice was worth the squeeze" in the cost.

The milage is down, but the smileage is up. At 74 years old I still love low end torque! after 200 miles I finally go on it and got a "mini 2nd gear wheelie"!

I live in Connecticut so I have to put it away for the winter hibernation . I can't wait until spring to roll it out of my walk in basement for my 53rd year of riding My wife says I love my new trike more than her, i told her when I die I want to be cremated with my Maui Hawaii Harley Davidson tee shirt on, She made an appointment for next Tuesday!

I traded in my 2015 Freewheeler for a 2023 Road Glide 3 and boy what a difference! The M8 114 engine is a beast and yet that wasn't enough for me. I just had the dealer

do a Screamin Eagle Stage 2 in it and that woke up the M8 engine. The low end tractor like torque is impressive and they installed the pro street fuel pack too. Of course being a trike, they couldn't dyno tune it, but they could take it out on the street and dial it in with a cell phone app. To me "the juice was worth the squeeze" in the cost.

The milage is down, but the smileage is up. At 74 years old I still love low end torque! after 200 miles I finally go on it and got a "mini 2nd gear wheelie"!

I live in Connecticut so I have to put it away for the winter hibernation . I can't wait until spring to roll it out of my walk in basement for my 53rd year of riding My wife says I love my new trike more than her, i told her when I die I want to be cremated with my Maui Hawaii Harley Davidson tee shirt on, She made an appointment for next Tuesday!

Good on you, you pay to play and that is all that matters

May you have miles of smiles come Spring

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back