11' Tri Glide ECM Update Code Number

Hey all!
FYI, I visited my local H-D Dealer and recieved 2 new updates for our 2010 Tri-Glide! Our TG is bone stock too. As stated earlier, they didn't know a thing about any updates till they pulged their "Digital Technician" into it. In a matter of 10 to 15 minutes it was done! The tech who pluged the computer in said that there was a total of 4 updates for that year. 2 out of the 4 was already downloaded into the trike. He said he didn't know what the 2 updates would do for the bike, but they sure wouldn't hurt! He also said that if the TG had a Stage One kit on the bike already, the new downloads would do absoulutly no good. All the work was done at NO CHARGE either!!! I'm not sure if the updates have changed the performance yet, I live approx 3 miles from the dealer. The weather is cooler here in WI, high of 70 degrees today. I would venture to say that I really wont get to many more riding days in this season. But ya never know, here in the "good 'ol midwest" you can sweat your buns off one day and freeze it off the next!!
Thanks to "Trent" and "Ol' Man" for all the info!!!!!!!

WImoonshiner and Trent you asked for feedback on what I noticed after I had the updates applied to my stock 2010. The mileage improved by around 1 to 2 mpg and the power maybe a little. The engine noise seemes to be reduced. This seems to be the biggest change. The heat on the hot days is still very much present. On the other hand on these cool days the heat feels pretty good. Thats about it on my results.

Thanks for responding back with the differences. The quieter engine was the first thing I noticed,, Then the heat issue, which was reduced, but still way to hot for me. I will correct that more later. I have not paid attention to MPG,, as I figure I gotta fuel it up anyway so whatever it gets is what it is. My TG is in the shop right now getting the 5,000 mile service and the lift kit installed. Also having them remove the useless emergency brake. Anxious to see what differences the lift kit will reveal.

I had this done today and I could swear the engine sounded different. Exhaust sounds louder, lower, throaty. Is that my imagination? I swear it sounds different. This seems different than the guys who say "quieter engine." Quieter how? The putt-putt at idle seems more pronounced, too. This is the best I can describe having this new code put in our 2011.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back