'06 Goldwing GOLD

Mar 14, 2011
Durham, NC USA
We are considering buying an '06 GW in the GOLD color.... but from appearances (mostly pictures) the color seems to be of a dull/flat variety.... rather than the deep gloss shiny type.

I know it's "all about the ride"... but if you knew us personally.... all of our bikes ... well ... you could shave lookin' in them.

Anyone have any feed back.... or any luck bringing the color to "pop".. or is it just the "nature of the (paint) beast" ?

Pic is not actual bike we are looking at....

Last edited:
Have U checked to see if it has been repainted?? Maybe it was another color.. or was it in a wreck and touched up???

Maybe their camera is not that great :Shrug:

One of our TT members has a beautiful (and I mean BEE - YOU - TIFUL) gold trike with white and turquoise pinstriping that's one of the prettiest paint jobs I've ever seen. He (she?) had it at the TT Rally last year. (Forgive me for not being able to match up members with trikes . . . ) The color was a soft light gold, just the color of a 14K necklace - not the yellow-er color of 18 or 24K gold (check the difference at a jeweler). If you accent the light gold color, it can be magnificent, just like the one I saw in NC!

The picture shows clearly that it is a Hannigan trike kit. You can look up the 06 Honda colors on line and see what it looks like. I beleive that it is a very poor photo or taken on a cloudy day so it does not look shiny. I would inquire with the owner and ask for more pictures.

The color for the 2006 Goldwing is: Topeka Gold, YR248. I have attached a photo of a 2006 trike and the finish is shiny. I beleive that the photo you have is not a clear picture. If you look under the door to the gas fill, you will find a sticker with the paint code.

The color for the 2006 Goldwing is: Topeka Gold, YR248. I have attached a photo of a 2006 trike and the finish is shiny. I beleive that the photo you have is not a clear picture. If you look under the door to the gas fill, you will find a sticker with the paint code.

Yup, that's the color!! Like that a lot!! You could really gussy it up with some decorations and make it absolutely fantastic!!

Yep, on a Fully Sunny Day, this Color should glisten.....not my "Personal Favorite", but it should be shiny...Looks like a "Picture Quality Issue" most likely.....ThumbUp

WOW!! All great comments... but I think my point has been missed a bit. The picture I provided is not the bike we are considering... but merely a bike to show what color. Even with the pic that 'trikeleader' provided... I think you can see how the paint is not "deep" in color like say a red or a black... it's sort of a flat non-mirror like display. I was wondering if there was a way to bring it up or make it "pop"... or is it just the style of paint?

Gold is not as bright as some but it is a good color to be seen with. If you use good wax it will shine like the rest.

Sonney

All the gold Goldwings I've seen looked good, but I think I know what you're getting at. Gold isn't one of those "deep" colors, like dark blue, black or red, I don't think it'll polish up to a mirror-like finish. Like the softer colors such as white, yellow, and the orange GW used to have, you can shine it up so it glows, but you'll not be able to polish it up so you can see your reflecton in it. Pretty much the nature of the color.