windshield

You had a lot of folks looking at your question with no replies. I imagine that it means there's really no good solution.

The only experience I ever had with trying to restore a clear plastic surface was with some old headlight lenses and that didn't work out very well at all. If I were you, I'd just try to save my pennies and go for a new replacement windshield. Just my opinion. ;)

I'm not sure if there is a real solution to fixing a cloudy or foggy windshield. You could try Nexus #2 which I believe is for scratches in plexiglas and plastics. Other method might be the headlight lens cleaner kits for cars. You may have to do both sides of the windshield as well. There are windshields out there that are pretty reasonable in price and it might just be easier to just replace the windshield rather than cleaning kits and lots of your time and labor.

Work for the Lord. The pay is poor but the retirement is Eternal!

I think you age going to have to change the windshield. The foggy screen to me means the material is changing. I don't think that is on the surface which is what the other stuff mentioned is for. Hard to tell without seeing the shield.

I think what DakotaTG meant was NOVUS no2 plastic polish. Get yourself a bottle and a microfiber cloth and make sure your shield is cool and dont do it in the sun. Try polishing out both sides. When I had my 86 Aspencade i was lucky and i was able to polish it up but it all depends on how far gone it is. If it polishes out use NOVUS no1 to keep it clean and polished after that. You DONT want to use NOVUS no3 unless you have really deep and bad scratches. If you dont and you use it you can create more damage than you can fix.

NEVER GONA BE CLEAR even after you clean it and polish it and spend 12 hours of work , the 1st time an approaching car with headlights on hits it you are gona curse and swear. The thing will be all rings and glare. Even into the Sun will be a disaster. Go ahead ask me how I know this. . As said before buy a new one. I bought an F4 about 6 years ago and never regretted it. My Tulsa I purchased when I bought the bike lasted 4 years . I thought it was still clear until I saw what F4 clear was. If u plan to sell the bike soon buy a cheap one .

If not spend the money for an F4

F4's are terrific. Also check out a Windbender. I have one on my GL1500 - although it has adjustable height, I almost always use the lowest position. It "throws" the windstream up and over your head while allowing you to look over the shield for a clear view ahead. I'm not sure if they're available for your model, but worth checking out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back