Which tuner?

Wife and I ride 09, and 11 trikes. We did the stage 1 upgrades, Rush mufflers on mine, Reinhardts on hers. Also changed the air boxes on both. Local dealer gave us a break and uploaded both bikes for $150. Both run great, I get around 53 mpg, she is at 51. ('11 trikes were geared a little lower) Neither of us pull a trailer or ride 2 up, we just ride the hell out of them. I have no idea what the horse power output or torque is, don't really care. Never drag raced anyone, I'm way too old for that. Stopped the speed stuff when I sold the Ducate.

Wife and I ride 09, and 11 trikes. We did the stage 1 upgrades, Rush mufflers on mine, Reinhardts on hers. Also changed the air boxes on both. Local dealer gave us a break and uploaded both bikes for $150. Both run great, I get around 53 mpg, she is at 51. ('11 trikes were geared a little lower) Neither of us pull a trailer or ride 2 up, we just ride the hell out of them. I have no idea what the horse power output or torque is, don't really care. Never drag raced anyone, I'm way too old for that. Stopped the speed stuff when I sold the Ducate.

53 & 51 mpg out of a trike? One rare bird, don't sell them or trade them in. FWIW I never noticed a difference in gas mileage on the 2010 I had between the 32 & 30 tooth sprocket, they both returned the same 35 mpg average with an occational 38 mpg bone thrown in.

You must do a lot of down hill coasting. I don't drag race mine either but I do like enough power to enter the super slab and get out of harms way. The best mileage I ever got with mine was 39 mpg on a 2 lane highway in 5th gear running around 60 to 63 mph. Once you get to 70+ in 6th gear the mileage goes into the dumper.

OOooops!!

When I read that, just before I hit the enter key SOMETHING looked wrong, but I didn't spot it. Old Age I guess. The 5's should have been 3's. Thanks for spotting that Mike and Mike.

We all have those moments where the figures are a little quicker than the mind.

Tuner

I have two words for you CALL FUELMOTO These people are great. They are so helpful (even to us computer illiterate old school farts) They set my power commander V up for my intake and exhaust and had it in my hands in 2 days It was plug and play. I installed new Andrews 26 cams and called them cuz I'm so incompetent on the damn computers. Travis loaded everything into my laptop remotely I plugged the laptop into the tuner and pushed the send button. Runs great. You can purchase a tuner anywhere but customer service is everything. Good Luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back