What is the longest you have gone on 1 tank of gas?

AAA wonderful group

The exact reason I my bride signed us up for AAA service no problem getting around 155-165 miles a Gal. still in tank ave. 33-34. Just depends on right hand usage twisting throttle ThumbUp fearless

Attachments

• DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC00109.JPG
    DSC00109.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 177
gas milage

Yes I factor it in. I do everything in us gallons as it is easier to figure out gas mileage. My GPS does the liters to us gallons conversion

I think the best I got was either 248 or 258 miles out of a tank, and we were not on fumes when we filled up.

It was a few years ago out in the Black Hills, a nice meandering ride thru a lot of twistys and scenic riding. I was carrying an extra 2 gallons, but never used it.

Day to day riding I get anywhere from 31 to 39 mpg, mostly in the 36-38 range, depending on the wind, and how much I'm twisting the throttle.

Kevin

I reckon I'm way hard on the throttle. I don't ever get over 160 miles out of a tank. Of course it only takes about 5 gallons to fill up at that point. So doing some quick math, I would get a little less than 200 miles if I ran it dry--which I ain't gonna do.

I have a full stage one upgrade, if that makes a difference. The computer they used during the upgrade set it to a rich condition, so I'm guessing that would account for some of the extra gas usage.

I did a trip last week mostly 2 lanes.. 60 to 70 MPH... 185 miles and filling it to the top all i could squeeze in was 5.1 Gal... 36. MPG..
Once last year i went over 200 miles..

Hmmm and another of his secrets is coasting downhills ... LOL ... with the ignition off .. LOL ... as I found out.

I do that on occasion, on long downhills. :laugh: Don't have any of those around here...but Colorado...wow, those are some great roads thru the Rockies!

Parts of Beartooth are fun to coast down also...feels like flying!

Kevin

On the East side of Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado, I hit 66.4 mph on my bicycle! I got an incredible amount of smiles per gallon!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back