What is causing my Triglide to die?

Verdict is in...... Fuel gauge was faulty. The gauge said 1/2 tank, but was empty! That explains what was happening...new part should take care of the problem.

I'm just glad it's finally fixed. Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.

Wow, great to hear its an easy fix.

I have never put stablizer in my gas and never goes bad. It is in hear but when I didn't have heat I still had good gas. Now 2cycle is another story. Guess I'm just lucky. I used to be a small engine mechanic so I know what it smells like took enough carbs apart that were shellaced up. I've got a generater,power washer and tractor that has nothing in them and they sit for along time,still good.

Most motor gasoline today is laced with ethanol which performs poorly after extended storage. You might want to rethink using a fuel system additive prior to putting the engine in storage.

We could not start our trike this morning. It would fire...but die immediately. The turn signals flashed in a weird pattern. I remembered someone said to try a new battery in the fob. That was it! Thank you for the info!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back