Triglide with Rekluse clutch

May 25, 2024
Burton, Texas
I have had the rekluse clutch in my 2017 Triglide (installed it myself) for 22,000 miles and it always works perfectly. Now I just had a Baker reverse installed and it seems they cannot get it adjusted correctly. It acts like a typical HD clutch. Does anyone have any idea what they are doing wrong!

I have had the rekluse clutch in my 2017 Triglide (installed it myself) for 22,000 miles and it always works perfectly. Now I just had a Baker reverse installed and it seems they cannot get it adjusted correctly. It acts like a typical HD clutch. Does anyone have any idea what they are doing wrong!
Thanks Hydraglide. Since I posted this, my Harley service manager and I have communicated with Baker and Rekluse and found the need to modify the original pushrod (shorten it) so as to allow for the clutch freeplay that Rekluse requires. That fixed the problem and now I have the Rekluse clutch and the Baker reverse which I like much better than the OEM electric reverse. I can control reverse movement much better with this setup.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back